Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glued Cracked Stock Wrist?

I would use a reinforcing screw or rod, particularly on a Springer which may receive some twisting/bending forces with every cocking stroke.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

The screw would also help to pull the two pieces together, which is necessary if you want a strong join.

It was only a large crack the stock was not in two pieces.It looked as though someone had pulled the trigger while the barrel was broken resulting in the classic split that starts at the rear of the trigger guard inletting and carries on two thirds of the way through the pistol grip chequering.

The stock is now glued up and the crack all but invisible!

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    It was only a large crack the stock was not in two pieces.It looked as though someone had pulled the trigger while the barrel was broken resulting in the classic split that starts at the rear of the trigger guard inletting and carries on two thirds of the way through the pistol grip chequering.

The stock is now glued up and the crack all but invisible!
    If it's near invisible it will be very strong. It's only when people "refinish" or clean up the crack resulting in oodles of glue being used to fill in the gaps, or when they fail to clamp the sections properly together during curing, that the repair may be compromised. The less glue, the better.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Smile

Hi

I bought a cheap HW95 that had a cracked/repaired pistolgrip, As it had not been completely in two I presumed that the farthest reaches of the crack may not have had glue in to them so it could be the start of a fresh crack!!

I ended up driving a 3" screw straight down the pistolgrip just in case! If for nothing else, Just peace of mind!

The repair was very shoddy as the the crack can badly be seen so I think they either didn't quite align it or they didn't put pressure on whilst the glue was curing

I refinished the stock and tried remnoving enough wood that the crack wouldn't be seen so easily (Didn't really work tho' )

The Crack!

The screw!

Refinished!

Don't have a close up pic that I can find but i'm sure it's still clearly seen!!, I would have lashed it with paracord, That way it gets the pressure with no denting as cramps can do in strange shapes!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/