Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do so many make a fuss about light easy to cock Springer's

Try an AirLogic Genesis. A Park reasonably meaty too, even a HW77 compared to easy ones like a FWB Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Ha Ha I like it:D
    I was watching that video on the TV full screen when er in doors sat down and said she is engaged lol.

Anyway I agree that unless you have a health problem all UK limit springers should be easy, I laugh when some say that the AA HC is hard to cock:)
    Everyone moans about my hard cock but I don't think it's too bad :confused: :rolleyes: (on my evo!!):D
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 19-08-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Not forgetting

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Try an AirLogic Genesis. A Park reasonably meaty too, even a HW77 compared to easy ones like a FWB Sport.
    Not forgetting some of our BSA 's
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 25-08-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Just out of interest what would be the hardest spring/rammer to cock in the world, I have heard of some over 50 lbs effort.
    Someone once told me that he bent his hw80 barrel with a gold colour spring

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Just out of interest what would be the hardest spring/rammer to cock in the world, I have heard of some over 50 lbs effort.
    Someone once told me that he bent his hw80 barrel with a gold colour spring

The Fenman has to be up there, but with the right technique it's ok. TXHC with a short stroke isn't as bad as I'd previously thought, but the inconvenient placement of the Prosport underlever makes it harder than it needs to be.

I think an FAC rammer would take the title though.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The Eliminator was the worst I ever encounted but some Airsporters aren't good.
    Never had a go with the Webley Patriot.

Hunting's a breeze, you only cock the thing a few times. Range work, well that's different. 2 to 3 hundred firings and you know about it.
    Last edited by Blackrider; 19-08-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Barryg,

There is a world of difference between a rifle used for hunting (relatively few shots), and a 'session' rifle used for plinking or target use (many, many shots).

I have a few recoiling springers that I use for impromptu 10m target shooting. Two (2) are 'full' power (HW99S 11 ft.lb, TX200, 61 mm stroke 10.8 ft.lb), and one is 8.5 ft.lb (extra-short stroke HW95).

At the end of a sixty (60) shot round, the TX & HW99S have definitely taken more out of you than the HW95

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ