Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
So what is varnish? Generally accepted as a blend of:
-a drying oil
-solvent, and
-solids (usually resin synthetic/organic) ...which "dries" by curing.

The linked product is:
-Tung Oil (a drying oil)
-Naphtha HH (solvent), and a
-metallic drying agent (Cobalt(II) ethylhexanoate)... which "dries" by curing.

Yes the proportions are variable, and quality varies between Danish Oils, but it's still a wiping varnish. An excellent, serviceable finish for a gun to be used in the field. It's what I use for the inletting in my rifles before I oil finish the outside.
email and ask them. They make it not me.

There is others that claim they don't use varnish.

This is what they say.

Where to use

Danish Oil can be used on almost any wooden surface, including interior and exterior furniture, doors, window frames, cladding, hardwood floors, skirting boards, gates, children’s play areas, kitchen worktops, turned wood, musical instruments and food preparation areas etc.

Bestwood Danish Oil is naturally water, food and alcohol resistant. It is safe for food contact when dry and can be used for wooden bowls, chopping boards and butchers blocks. It is certified EN71 toy safe. We do not use any synthetic or modified resins or varnish in our Danish Oil.

Danish Oil is simple to use and easy to maintain. Re-application of one or two thin coats every year will keep wood looking naturally ‘fresh’. Damaged or scratched areas can easily be maintained by reapplication of BestwoodDanish Oil.

Bestwood Danish Oil is suitable for use with all softwood and hardwood, including exterior oak and teak.