Thread: Hw100 Ratworks

Hw100 Ratworks

Hello Members Newbie here anybody had a tench regulator and Tune off Rat works for there Hw100 if anybody has would be grateful for there feedback was thinking about getting a one this week on my Hw100kt 1.77.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarms74 View Post
    Hello Members Newbie here anybody had a tench regulator and Tune off Rat works for there Hw100 if anybody has would be grateful for there feedback was thinking about getting a one this week on my Hw100kt 1.77.
    Welcome to The BBS Goldenarms. I can't help you with you're question I'm afraid. I do have a HW100kt but I'm happy just how it is
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The way an hw100 is set up means it is already regulated, albeit not with the sort of regulator that you'd stick in say, a bsa ultra or an s410, so basically it doesn't lend itself well to just having an aftermarket regulator thrown in there.
    The existing workings can however sometimes be serviced and set up better by someone who knows what they are doing to give a few more shots and an improved power curve over the fill.
    Google and the search function are your friends on this one...

Thanks for the replys I can only find what ratworks says about it was just hoping someone on here already took that step and spent the £200 for reg and Tune and £50 for another Cyclinders.

Re

Mmm the std reg seems to work fine,I would spend the money on a rat works light cylinder,little bit heavy.

Totally agree they are a bit on the heavy side and maybe I would buy a light weight cylinder if I had a bit of spare cash but definitely would not waste money on a tune

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarms74 View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I honestly doubt if there is much that can be improved mechanically on an HW 100. Cosmetically perhaps a stock more orientated for target or HFT, a lighter and more capacious air cylinder but the mechincals are first classs.

A.G

I did read somewhere where someone had it done and they did get a much higher shot count , but would that be worth paying the money involved , maybe ask Phil at the ratworks he will tell you

Well after reading your comments I've gone and swapped it for a Daystate airwolf got a cracking deal the money I would have spent on tune I've bought a brand new pair of Hawke sf30 scopes

Welcome to The BBS Goldenarms

Welcome to The BBS Goldenarms , thare is some good lads on here that will help you if you need it. bob.