Thread: Which chrony

Which chrony

My birthday is this Wednesday and my wife has offered to buy me a chrony.
    So guys, what would be on your wish list?

I'm thinking Skan?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Ive used a chrony F1 for 14 years now!

But I am buying a Skan for my next purchase.

F1 for outdoors Skan for indoors.
    Master Debater

I have an F1 with simple battery powered LED lights attached under the diffusers. Works in or out.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Polish R2A chrono... Had the Combro and the Alpha Shooting Chrony, this one beats them all.

Second vote for the R2A, after seeing it in action. Got two Alpha Chrony but want an R2A.
    Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Skan's are very reliable and what the police use I believe, not the cheap option however.

Very happy with my LMBR Chrono-R2A. Built in light, works regardless of ambient conditions.

https://chrono.lmbr.pl

I use an old skan unit, Never any issues, Have picked up two of these very cheap, Not Sure how old these are but they are a big square unit with a big square window to shoot from and gives only speed reading in red led digits, Easy to convert to ftlbs, These are years old and still work fine,,

Depemds how you intend to use it. Close up pretty much anything. Shooting through it downrange you need one with the guide wires....helps you not to shoot the chrono!
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Another vote for the Polish R2 or R2H, I have no issues using indoor or out, without needing diffusers or lights.
    You can set the pellet weight and with give you reading in fps and with a press of button twice it gives you ftlb.

I bought the R2H direct from the site in previous post by vestlenning, got it cheaper.

Very happy with it

secretagentmole Guest
    If you are only testing the muzzle velocity of a PCP then a Combro is ideal, just make sure she buys the alignment guide and interface cable too!

As said above how & where will it be used & what on, only air or also powder? the choice for an indoor chrono to test MV inside your workshop will not be the same choice for use down-range on an outside range.

I say pro-chrono digital for outside use inc powder.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    If you are only testing the muzzle velocity of a PCP then a Combro is ideal, just make sure she buys the alignment guide and interface cable too!
    I already have one of these and it has served me well over the years with PCP's but I now predominantly shoot and tinker with springers. I'm just finding it increasingly frustrating get "BAD" readings on the springers.
    I'll be setting it up on a bench in the workshop for most of the time. Out of interest, how large is the aperture on the Skan? Surely it could be used for down range testing with careful shot placement at 30yrds? I would put a protetcive shield in front also!!