Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA R10 mkll

BSA R10 mkll

Hi everyone I am thinking of buying an R10 mkll in .177and have been hearing a lot about underpowered guns from the factory, I'm not after anything over 12ftlb obviously just something around 11-11.5 but have been hearing of new guns being set at 10-10.5 by the factory,has anyone got one and what are your experiences with this cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmerfudd View Post
    Hi everyone I am thinking of buying an R10 mkll in .177and have been hearing a lot about underpowered guns from the factory, I'm not after anything over 12ftlb obviously just something around 11-11.5 but have been hearing of new guns being set at 10-10.5 by the factory,has anyone got one and what are your experiences with this cheers
    My DS runs at 10.7 with jsb heavies. It kills fine at airgun ranges. Is there any need for it to be 11ftlbs over 10-10.5??
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

My R10 MK11 uses Daystate Soveriegn pellets at about 11.2ftlbs. 30 metre target less than 1/2" spread and thats down to me!.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    My DS runs at 10.7 with jsb heavies. It kills fine at airgun ranges. Is there any need for it to be 11ftlbs over 10-10.5??
    Yes , the more people who say 10.5 is ok ,the powers to be could say lets bring down the ft/lbs of airguns .

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmerfudd View Post
    A lot of people say a lot of things but a lot of people don't own an R10!

buy it if you want it and if it doesn't work go back to your RFD, but I am sure it will.

Why do you want a mk2 when the SE is better? not sure why they sell both? maybe they are phasing the mk2 out.

i have a r10 mk2 177 11.5 ftb never had a problem guns are like cars some good some bad

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post

buy it if you want it and if it doesn't work go back to your RFD, but I am sure it will.

Why do you want a mk2 when the SE is better? not sure why they sell both? maybe they are phasing the mk2 out.
    I own an R10
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post

Why is the SE better than the Mk2. The only difference is the crackle finish on the shroud, "silencer", bolt handle and the buttplate. I nearly forgot - and additional hype for the gullible

I'm not saying it has to be right up to the limit, (I have FAC for anything else) but was just a query regarding the difference in power and what they are setting them at, as mentioned above by villaman what if all company's started to set them at say 10ftlb and no one complains, the powers that be could presume everyone is happy at that and reduce the legal limit thus causing us more problems having anything over that level reduced or people having to go the FAC route

Smile BSA r10 mk 11

Hi I had an r10 mk 2 vc for a couple of years if they are anything like mine just change to heavier pellets ie barracuda or bisley magnams you will have an instant 1 ftlb increase in power!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I own an R10
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Hi I had an r10 mk 2 vc for a couple of years
    And are/where they under powered?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Why is the SE better than the Mk2. The only difference is the crackle finish on the shroud, "silencer", bolt handle and the buttplate. I nearly forgot - and additional hype for the gullible
    And the improved shot count from the new regulator. +25 shots on both .177 & .22
    BASC Member

And the improved shot count from the new regulator. +25 shots on both .177 & .22

Thats the hype. There is no difference. They also claim the new shroud is "twice as quiet". The shroud is a non-working one and is purely cosmetic

[QUOTE=Missed_dinner;7220851]And are/where they under powered?

What do you class as underpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie12342003 View Post
    i have a r10 mk2 177 11.5 ftb never had a problem guns are like cars some good some bad

The muzzle energy alone does not decide whether a gun is good or bad .

12ftlb is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM a non FAC rifle can produce with ANY PELLET TESTED.

So just because it happens to run at fractionally less with a certain pellet is largely irrelevant, there is also nothing in law, that I know of, to state that there is a Minimum muzzle energy that makes a rifle fit for sale so the factory can run as large or as tight a margin for error as they feel comfortable with.

I'm also willing to bet that few if any shooters would notice the difference in POI out hunting, where human error is likely to cause more difference.

While on a target range the difference in muzzle, & therefore impact energy the rifle is set at makes no odds at all once zeroed, as long as it's accurate.

If you can get an R-10 at a good price buy it and send the action to Darrin at XTX Air for a tune up. I can (pretty much) guarantee a superb result, My R-10 mkII was overpower when I bought it, though I wasn't told that it was, and it went straight to XTX. Fabulous! It can outshoot me all day long.