Thread: ProsSport - TX200HC - why do they shoot so differently

ProsSport - TX200HC - why do they shoot so differently

Both my ProSport (2014) and TX200HC are in similar states of tune... but why do they feel so different?
    I thought that the internals - stroke etc. - and barrel length where the same?

The TX almost feels as if its got a longer stroke, by its feel and sound, or is that just my imagination?

Cheers Steve

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Although weights are similar, they are distributed differently. The extra weight out front on the HC helps to steady a shot and some think the back-biased Prosport is more hold sensitive.

I love shooting the Prosport, I just hate cocking it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Although weights are similar, they are distributed differently. The extra weight out front on the HC helps to steady a shot and some think the back-biased Prosport is more hold sensitive.

I love shooting the Prosport, I just hate cocking it!
    If I'm being honest Nick - I prefer the ProSport - I always shoot with a glove on the left hand, so the lever is not a problem.

They are however both very accurate.

i love the prosport but not the lever

I own both in 177 an experimented using the same internals. For me:

- Prosport more stable when kneeling or standing
    - TX200HC more stable when prone and generally less hold sensitive
    - TX200HC more comfortable stock (rounded bottom) when shooting for several hours

I seem to be one of the lucky ones who don't struggle with the Prosport lever. But if the cocking effort is, for arguments sake, 5% harder. This would add up over the course of a session and possible you would be more fatigued at the end of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Both my ProSport (2014) and TX200HC are in similar states of tune... but why do they feel so different?
    I thought that the internals - stroke etc. - and barrel length where the same?

The TX almost feels as if its got a longer stroke, by its feel and sound, or is that just my imagination?

Cheers Steve
    Dynamic balance.

A.G

Could be in the barrel itself. I had a TX that would always run around a 4 fps spread over 10 pellets. I also had another that would always be at around 10 fps with the same number of shots. The gun with the wider spread was always a bit more accurate, so my bumbling mind told me to slide out the guide, spring, piston and comp. tube as an assembly on both guns and swap them. This would put the "good" stuff in the more accurate gun. The good stuff now had a 10 fps spread and the less good stuff now had a 4 fps spread. The spread remained the same regardless of the internals, so it had to be the barrel that gave the tighter spread. I have 8 TX's and they never seem to act the same as the next one. Close, but not the same. The stock can also make a gun feel different. I guess the density of the wood comes into play. I finally gave up swapping and checking the results and I now just shoot them. Hard to fix what's not broken.