Thread: More good service

Thumbs up More good service

I've recently purchased a nice new .177, Walnut TX200hc - I've realised that this is my favourite springer and, this is the configuration that I've always wanted

This is pure indulgence but, I've decided that I'll have this exactly as I want it and, really really try to keep the thing - I gave up using the word 'keeper' a while ago

I've managed to lay my hands on a mint original MTC Viper with SCB reticle - I love these scopes.
    ... There isn't even a shoe mark on the turret

Anyway, back to the sevice - I'm an impatient twat so, I hate waiting for things

I ordered a 30mm Dampa mount from JSR and, it arrived next day
    Considering it's made of metal and, difficult to damage, it came boxed with loads of packaging.

I also ordered some nice shiny bits from Rowan Engineering - again, ariived next day and very well packaged.

I work in retail and, I've rarely seen service as good as in the airgun world

I just can't wait to strip and polish the TX and, put all of the new bits on.

All of the above.

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Enjoy your new toys.

Lovely stuff!

Can't beat that new toy feeling!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Yep, JSR and Rowan are among the best I've ever dealt with, too. Enjoy your TX.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

A photo is required sir.

A.G

Defo rowan and jsr are superb to deal with,super quick delivery.

As above some pics please

The final bit arrived today - the drop in kit from he who puts jam and cream on scones the right way round

I'm just off now for an afternoon of stripping, polishing, fitting and testing

I'm a bit of a technical numb nuts but, I will try to sort some pictures when done.

All of the above.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    He sounds like the kind of guy you could depend on. I've had enough cream and jam arguements this summer to last a lifetime!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Nice one Jon, you taking it to the club soon to have a play.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    He sounds like the kind of guy you could depend on. I've had enough cream and jam arguements this summer to last a lifetime!
    No argument needed - always jam first

... Any other way, you're a savage

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    Nice one Jon, you taking it to the club soon to have a play.

Mark
    Hopefully mate.

I need to try to sort the inside of the main tube out - when I opened it up, I found it's scratched to buggery - it's making the cocking action feel really rough. Something's definitely not right

Hopefully I'll have it sorted for the charity comp on the 17th - fingers crossed.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    A photo is required sir.

A.G
    No pictures yet Ali - I think I may have a friday afternoon rifle on my hands

I will persevere and it will come good

All of the above.

Hi Jon

Glad you've found another gun that you've always wanted. Would this be purchased from the wall in our favourite shop by any chance?

If it is and it's the one I saw, it looks very tidy. Just wish I took the chance to give it a go last time I was over there. And if it hits the target anything like a certain HW 100 you used to own you can't go wrong.

We really need to meet up over the shop soon and I can have a look at this latest purchase.

ATB

Ross
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi2k View Post
    Hi Jon

Glad you've found another gun that you've always wanted. Would this be purchased from the wall in our favourite shop by any chance?

If it is and it's the one I saw, it looks very tidy. Just wish I took the chance to give it a go last time I was over there. And if it hits the target anything like a certain HW 100 you used to own you can't go wrong.

We really need to meet up over the shop soon and I can have a look at this latest purchase.

ATB

Ross

Hi Ross,

It did come off that wall mate - I love that wall, and the little rack by the door

This one needs a little work though - it's accurate but, it's far from smooth at the moment - something is causing scratches on the inside of the main body.

But, I like a challenge and, it will come good in the end

Y'know, since I sold that HW100, I've been on the search for a rifle as good
    .. I've tried a few since and, Now I've got another HW100

There's a charity comp' thing going on at at Black Cat HFT in Severn Hampton near Swindon on the 17th September - it'd be good to see you there mate - I'll make you a cuppa.

All of the above.