Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW cocking link end Broke off!!

HW cocking link end Broke off!!

Anyone else had the tip break off on HW 97 ???

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yep, quite a common occurence. If you try and insert it with fists of ham it just pings off! The good news is they're usually in stock with Chambers and Knibbs.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

HW cocking link end Broke off!!

happened to a 77 and a 97 of mine

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, quite a common occurence. If you try and insert it with fists of ham it just pings off! The good news is they're usually in stock with Chambers and Knibbs.
    The last one I had delivered was bent. I had to straighten it - ish.

Package it well, and send it off to the man himself and tell him exactly what you thought of his quality.
    I'm pretty sure that he doesn't know of the sort of quality he is sending out,.
    If he replies, and I think that he will, great.
    If he doesn't bother, you know where to stand.

Managing director:
    Hans-Hermann Weihrauch
    Address:
    Fa. Weihrauch & Weihrauch
    Sport GmbH & Co. KG
    Industriestraße 13
    D-97638 Mellrichstadt
    Germany

email: info@weihrauch-sport.de

Some also fracture along the lug, usually when a super beefed up spring has been wedged in.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Anyone else had the tip break off on HW 97 ???
    Airgun world did a article where this was mentioned and they say that the corner shows a classic stress fracture and if this fracture fails completely during cocking, there is a very real danger of having your fingers caught in the loading port.
    And go on to say that HW should have fitted a ABT.

I guess the problem is that there no shoe but the HW fans will not admit to this dangerous fault just keep saying hold on to the lever so HW carry on getting away with it.

Naw... during cocking, you're hardly likely to have your fingers in the loading slot.

Once cocked, the main sear is taking the pressure, so holding on to the cocking lever is just a fail-safe... which, yes, would be better if it was also fail-safe...

It's a bit more dangerous. Like getting into your car is a bit more dangerous than staying at home - incase the wind catches the car door and smashes your brains in.

I bet this thread is like Christmas isn't it Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Naw... during cocking, you're hardly likely to have your fingers in the loading slot.

Once cocked, the main sear is taking the pressure, so holding on to the cocking lever is just a fail-safe... which, yes, would be better if it was also fail-safe...

It's a bit more dangerous. Like getting into your car is a bit more dangerous than staying at home - incase the wind catches the car door and smashes your brains in.

I bet this thread is like Christmas isn't it Barry?
    He might have 3 arms though

Plus didn't Diana not have trigger parts that broke and could cause a accident ?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=Diana+fault

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    He might have 3 arms though

Plus didn't Diana not have trigger parts that broke and could cause a accident ?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=Diana+fault
    LOL is this the best way to answer a question about a very long term
    Known fault with the 77/97 by quoting a one off broken part that has had no other reports since, don't forget I was the one who started the thread I didn't hide from what might have been a fault

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    LOL is this the best way to answer a question about a very long term
    Known fault with the 77/97 by quoting a one off broken part that has had no other reports since, don't forget I was the one who started the thread I didn't hide from what might have been a fault

Maybe. But it shows that other brands have issues.

Did Diana come back with an answer? Yeah they did .the fobbed the person off. And was it not more than one that broke ?

They emailed me last week and basically thanked me for contacting them and told me to contact Umarex for anything more on this topic. Wasn't the response I was hoping for.
    I had another person contact me saying that he has a 48 with a broken trigger also. I don't know what to say except be careful guys. It all seems to be falling on deaf ears. John
    Last edited by bighit; 20-08-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maybe. But it shows that other brands have issues.

Did Diana come back with an answer? Yeah they did .the fobbed the person off. And was it not more than one that broke ?

They emailed me last week and basically thanked me for contacting them and told me to contact Umarex for anything more on this topic. Wasn't the response I was hoping for.
    I had another person contact me saying that he has a 48 with a broken trigger also. I don't know what to say except be careful guys. It all seems to be falling on deaf ears. John
    First when you say ( But it shows that other brands have issues.) Are you sort of saying that the 77/97 does have a fault by not having a ABT.

And second the 48 trigger you have quoted from that old post on the DWC was a bit vague and not proof it was the same part.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    First when you say ( But it shows that other brands have issues.) Are you sort of saying that the 77/97 does have a fault by not having a ABT.

And second the 48 trigger you have quoted from that old post on the DWC was a bit vague and not proof it was the same part.
    No I'm not saying that. Lots of rifles out there don't have bear traps . Any part can fail as we have seen on the Diana .

Yes the 77/97 issue should be fixed but so should any other brands that have a known fault.

Yes 3 or so Diana sears have failed. How many more potential ones are out there ? A possible fatality waiting to happen and Diana 's response ?

Contact umarex. Yes umarex maybe the importer but Diana is the parent company and looks like they have passed the buck to the importers .

Did you contact Diana ? What was their reply to you ?

Slating one company is not good when your beloved Diana seems to be doing the same .

Known problem

If this has been a known problem surely HW should have made a fix by now.? It's getting sent back,considering its lasted 500 shots ish.!! I Would expect a replacement part.
    Or do we expect the same as VW owners and get fobbed off.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    If this has been a known problem surely HW should have made a fix by now.? It's getting sent back,considering its lasted 500 shots ish.!! I Would expect a replacement part.
    Or do we expect the same as VW owners and get fobbed off.

Now see, that is different! If the gun was new and has never been taken apart then it shouldn't have broken and is indeed a warranty issue. The only ones I've know of break were user error issues on rebuild.
    God rest ye jelly mental men