Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have an HW95K but...

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    These guys have various .20 caliber models too.. I think the blackline one is about £370 plus delivery.
    I'd have to mess with springs from them and, honestly, I'm not really into it..

Looking at Sportsman Gun Centre now..
    Weihrauch HW95K & HW97K .20
    Crosman 2240 .22
    Good deal(s) with: kick yer butt

Quote Originally Posted by IanDB View Post

Plenty on here who would probably at the drop of a hat just do it for you, maybe a tuner on here that has a box of springs taken from these rifles?
    Or just buy a kit...., Youl know how to service your gun & it'll be spit & polish tuned for about the same money than in a shop here.
    Or just get one in sales closer to you.
    Atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Here is the spring required for said rifle....
    http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...oducts_id/1504
    An extra €12....
    It's not going to break the bank!! That takes the .20 blue laminate 97k to €424 + post which google says is £390....
    Jeez., Why am I even bothering looking at the second hand one in sales lol!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Here is the spring required for said rifle....
    http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...oducts_id/1504
    An extra €12....
    It's not going to break the bank!! That takes the .20 blue laminate 97k to €424 + post which google says is £390....
    Jeez., Why am I even bothering looking at the second hand one in sales lol!
    Yep.. £402 with the postage.. add a scope and slip, gotta make it ~£525..

The 97 KT Stainless works out at £416, add scope and slip it's ~£540.. about a tenner off The Airgun Centre..

My head's starting to hurt
    Crosman 2240 .22

Yep.. £402 with the postage.. add a scope and slip, gotta make it ~£525..

The 97 KT Stainless works out at £416, add scope and slip it's ~£540.. about a tenner off The Airgun Centre..

My head's starting to hurt
    A tenner off & it's .20 & it's the blue laminate version.. your actually saving a fair bit there.. I think the STD .20 from SGC is about £400... Sportwaffen do do kits too so there maybe more to be had. I just haven't looked.

Oh & yes mine is hurting too!!!

Ok.. paracetamol at the ready..

Over here the blue is about a tenner cheaper than the kt stainless so the numbers are still negligible really..

Jury's out on the blue.. don't think it helps that the German site calls it plywood
    Crosman 2240 .22

I think the laminate is heavier than the wood, the wood is definately heavier than the plastic.

Heavy is good for recoil, but a 77/97 is a pretty heavy action. Even the plastic stocked one with a light weight scope fitted is going to tip the scales at 10lb approx.

If you know you're going to use a scope - don't even bother looking at '77s, due to the low comb.

The different stocks change the balance of the rifle. i.e. the Blackline plastic stock makes the gun feel front heavy.

The reach to trigger is shorter on the 'fist hole' design stocks, great for smaller hands, but they don't have a thumb churl for shooting 'thumb up'.

The blue laminate 97K looks great, but as above, weight - plus it needs a set-back trigger blade for most hands.

The STL finish looks lush, but it certainly isn't made from 'stainless steel'... seem to be paint on top of nickel plating.

I went for the 97K Blackline STL, then bought a target stock as well, because targets is my thing.

I suggest definately try before you buy if at all possible. And it's no good just shouldering an unscoped example in a gunshop.

And I don't blame you for not wanting to take tools to a new gun. I had a right game getting the trigger block undone on my STL.

HTH
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 25-08-2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: p.s.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    There are not huge savings it's just the German shops normally have them in stock ready for delivery.

Over here you have to wait weeks for one.

.20 and .25 I'm on about not .177 and .22.

Also barrels are normally in stock and ready for delivery.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I think the laminate is heavier than the wood, the wood is definately heavier than the plastic.

Heavy is good for recoil, but a 77/97 is a pretty heavy action. Even the plastic stocked one with a light weight scope fitted is going to tip the scales at 10lb approx.

If you know you're going to use a scope - don't even bother looking at '77s, due to the low comb.

The different stocks change the balance of the rifle. i.e. the Blackline plastic stock makes the gun feel front heavy.

The reach to trigger is shorter on the 'fist hole' design stocks, great for smaller hands, but they don't have a thumb churl for shooting 'thumb up'.

The blue laminate 97K looks great, but as above, weight - plus it needs a set-back trigger blade for most hands.

The STL finish looks lush, but it certainly isn't made from 'stainless steel'... seem to be paint on top of nickel plating.

I went for the 97K Blackline STL, then bought a target stock as well, because targets is my thing.

I suggest definately try before you buy if at all possible. And it's no good just shouldering an unscoped example in a gunshop.

HTH
    Thanks dude.. very helpful.

Sadly, no shops within a sensible distance have what I want ..

I will only be shooting targets, not hunting, and definitely using a scope..
    Crosman 2240 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    There are not huge savings it's just the German shops normally have them in stock ready for delivery.

Over here you have to wait weeks for one.

.20 and .25 I'm on about not .177 and .22.

Also barrels are normally in stock and ready for delivery.
    Gah!!...

Now I'm wondering whether to buy the new rifle or just get a .20 barrel, tuning kit and new scope for my 95!!

Certainly be a lot less than £500... but it'd let the missus off buying me a rifle.

Need more pain meds, this headache is getting stronger!!
    Crosman 2240 .22

Get a HW98 (in .177), then when you see how good it is you'll need a .22 barrel for your HW95, and forget all about that silly .20 calibre business.

Get a HW98 (in .177), then when you see how good it is you'll need a .22 barrel for your HW95, and forget all about that silly .20 calibre business.
    Hang on.. what.. HW98?? Whyyyyyyy??

The .20 thing is just because I want it.. daft really but there you go.
    I don't like .22, dunno why.. I suspect someone said something many moons ago that I took to heart..

Crosman 2240 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    People with Hw98's do terrible things to kittens and are best ignored. .20 is fine if you're hands are just a little too small for real pellets, but you don't want to go in for the whole "cottaging" lifestyle of .177 users.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Regardless of what you *think*, kittens don't mind being laughed at.

I think you may be confusing that with laughing at a fully grown cat - which would likely have your eye out.

HTH you.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    People with Hw98's do terrible things to kittens and are best ignored. .20 is fine if you're hands are just a little too small for real pellets, but you don't want to go in for the whole "cottaging" lifestyle of .177 users.
    PMSL..
    Definitely missing out on this cottaging thing.. and not really a cat person so I'm cool with that..
    Regardless of what you *think*, kittens don't mind being laughed at.

I think you may be confusing that with laughing at a fully grown cat - which would likely have your eye out.

HTH you.
    Crosman 2240 .22