Thread: heads up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Ordered.

Thanks again mate.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

NVM out of stock now

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    NVM out of stock now
    What's NVM?

I got the email on these this morning and ordered 2 to go on my Rapids, can't wait to try them when they arrive tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    What's NVM?
    Never mind. I probably should have just typed that instead of being lazy . Had one in my basket but was googling which size mounts it needed and missed it.

Out of interest how do these scopes compare to the MTC Mamba?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Never mind. I probably should have just typed that instead of being lazy . Had one in my basket but was googling which size mounts it needed and missed it.

Out of interest how do these scopes compare to the MTC Mamba?
    No idea. I haven't had a look through one, or a Mamba come to that. The spec and original price suggest it should be more than decent. Weaver have a decent reputation AFAIK.

Mine is stamped cv9x50. It's a 3-9x50 duplex ret. It's clearer than my tasco 3-9x50 AG . Very very clear.

That's it there https://www.holtsgunshop.com.au/disp...9-3-9x50-scope

Just a pity it's got crimp marks on it . As I said it came on my theoben evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    No idea. I haven't had a look through one, or a Mamba come to that. The spec and original price suggest it should be more than decent. Weaver have a decent reputation AFAIK.
    Now we're near..the are very fussy with eye relief..the clicks at 100 yards are all over mine required 12 clicks right to move an inch and 6 left as if the click indexes were miss matched..very heavy at over a pound and a half ..not worth the £195 they are on amazon but £90 would be OK..also not any good with NV as the coating is good and blocks NV satisfactory..they are not true miles dot at 10x. Mine was at around 8.2 and the distances on the wheel were well out for rangefinders..so not a professional shooters scope

Having owned one in the past I would not buy another ..but who bought got a better scope than a hawke or similar for £90 ...so a nice buy at the correct price

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Now we're near..the are very fussy with eye relief..the clicks at 100 yards are all over mine required 12 clicks right to move an inch and 6 left as if the click indexes were miss matched..very heavy at over a pound and a half ..not worth the £195 they are on amazon but £90 would be OK..also not any good with NV as the coating is good and blocks NV satisfactory..they are not true miles dot at 10x. Mine was at around 8.2 and the distances on the wheel were well out for rangefinders..so not a professional shooters scope

Having owned one in the past I would not buy another ..but who bought got a better scope than a hawke or similar for £90 ...so a nice buy at the correct price
    Sounds a bit foreboding, and not what you would expect from a scope supposedly costing over £300 rrp. It should be more than adequate for my needs though. Probably not be shooting out more than 40-50yds. Won't be using NV. Usually use mil dots rather than adjusting turrets.

I was going for a 3-9x40 they had 3 left but suddenly became OOS.

They had 15 of the 2.5 10x50's left when I ordered mine at 4 o clock.