Thread: Webley Junior pistol spring

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Webley Junior pistol spring

I am after a bit of a "tired" mainspring for a Webley Junior pistol. The ones I have bought for various projects over the years seem too stiff and hard to cock. Some of the older ones feel nice and "slingy", are easier to cock and don't seem that much down on power. If you have a bit of a tired one knocking about, I can give it a home. I am not after a new one as I have one of those fitted for now.
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I've just measured 10 new tagged JAP springs, and they vary between 1.69mm and 1.72mm. A couple of used springs measure the same.

Send me your address Guy(again), have one out of a pre war that should work . John
    snarepeg.

About my age Guy so defiantly tired. Should fit. John
    snarepeg.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Try another bump for this

Checking a couple of springs out of guns, one spring is 1.69mm thickness and the the other is 1.51mm thickness. The thinner one seems a lot easier to cock with, so if anyone has one of these or knows where I can get one (that they have tried and found easy to cock).
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"