Thread: Izzy 46m (baikal)

Izzy 46m (baikal)

So today I am the proud owner of an izzy 46m.
    After using one for a few months I managed (thanks to tinbum) to find a used one. It arrived today.
    everything seems to be on good order after a few shots and dry firing, looks well worth what I paid for it, apart from just now.
    The breach seal popped out and went flying, luckily enough I have found it but I need spares.
    With no retailer of baikal in the UK due to the embargo of Russian arms does anyone know of a supplier or if any one who has some to sell?
    Many thanks

Hi Tom

This happened to my IZZY when I first got it and it's down to not closing the breach properly.

My gun came with a set of spare seals, however I've been unable to locate a source for spares so am very careful with mine now!

I read on one of the US forums that some people make spares out of O rings carefully tapered to fit, but I've not tried this my self.

HTH

Paul

I see that Pyramydair in the US stock them and there are a couple of ads on the evil bay .com where you can get them cheap from Russia. I have sold my two Izzys but I could probably make them from polyurethane if I had a sample, would give it a try. I know it was not recommended to keep the breach closed when storing the pistol as the rubber seals could get a permanent compression set in them.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

seals

The Baikal seals are quite a unique shape, I could not find them in the UK. There is a stockist in Germany as well as the original manufacturer.
    I thought, but never tried, of using a normal o ring. Might be worth a try.

I can't find the discussion from a few years ago... It was in another forum, some fellow found that a conical rubber sink tap washer could be carefully sliced with a razor to produce a seal just as effective as the original. Same sliced off tip of a conical washer for both seals. A trip to a plumbing shop should turn up a few small washers to try. As I recall, turning them carefully while slipped onto a dowel helped with the cutting.

Hi

The homemade breach seal info can be found here:

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic33429.html

HTH

Paul