Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW 44 Pistol.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Weihrauch HW 44 Pistol.

Recently read a review of the above pistol and I'm unsure as to what bracket it belongs, Fun gun or Match pistol ?
    At a retail price of over £600, its hardly a "fun gun" but if shooters wish to buy one at that price, that's entirely up to them !

Not certain if I like the look of it but I would imagine it shoots very well indeed being "evolved" from the HW 110 pcp air rifle.

What's the verdict on its niche in the "pistol shooting world" and its overall future ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I quite fancied one Myself , but ,there were no competitions to shoot it in at My club . So too me it would be a fun plinker.
    Paul

£600+ is a heck of a lot to pay for a fun gun so really I'd say this is a 'match' pistol.

I'd say that the first thing to do when thinking of buying a pistol is decide what you plan to use it for and then start looking at options. There's a huge choice out there.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Anyone out there got one ?? Would love some feedback.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Not got one.
    Haven't even seen one.

My dealer won't stock them because of price.
    He will order but there is apparently a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Anyone out there got one ?? Would love some feedback.
    Don't imagine so Paul but if you decide to buy one, bring it down to the next Spring Do and we call all pass judgement !
    “An airgun or two”………

Dare say at the price, they have to be leaning towards being a "match pistol" and it'll be interesting to see how many sell ?
    Weihrauch don't discontinue a line quickly. Most of their current lines run for years so itll be interesting to see how long this one runs for !
    “An airgun or two”………

Just because it's expensive, doesn't make it a match pistol.
    I think we are seeing the old 'made for foreign market's trick here.. Just think, in the USA, this gun sitting at about 20fpe would be a devastating little package, breaking into the market currently owned by FX with their ranchero pistol and a couple others.. of course they roll it out here at sub 6 and with the hefty price tag, it leaves us wondering what the he'll it's for??? 😂
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Just because it's expensive, doesn't make it a match pistol.
    I think we are seeing the old 'made for foreign market's trick here.. Just think, in the USA, this gun sitting at about 20fpe would be a devastating little package, breaking into the market currently owned by FX with their ranchero pistol and a couple others.. of course they roll it out here at sub 6 and with the hefty price tag, it leaves us wondering what the he'll it's for??? 😂
    Take your point on the Amarican Market and their stuff sells for just about half the price of the same stuff here.
    “An airgun or two”………

Why would Americans choose the HW44 over something like this?

https://gastatic.com/blog/wp-content...act-main-1.jpg

.22lr 10+1 capacity. S&W quality...need I go on?

Oh and under $400!
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Why would Americans choose the HW44 over something like this?

https://gastatic.com/blog/wp-content...act-main-1.jpg

.22lr 10+1 capacity. S&W quality...need I go on?

Oh and under $400!
    Because air pistols do not count as firearms in the USA and it's still not safe to shoot a .22LR pistol in your garden.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Talking

I know, I know. But you know what I mean.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Lloyd from BAR just put up a video review of the HW44. https://youtu.be/NigsaELH4bg

new hw pistol

who likes it ---it looks rubbish and 600 plus quid no way at all I bet not meny get sold

hw44

I just seen the review from blackpool air guns -- way overpriced I agree --the bloke recons its a 400 to 500 quid gun it might be but the compertition starts at 300 and I don't think its worth twice the price