Thread: Diana/Original Model 60 Recoiless Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    I have a Tyrolean version. Lovely little rifle [thanks Zooma], it's the first in the line of 60/65/66 rifles; all pretty much the same except for no barrel catch on the '60'. The 65 has the barrel catch as an 'improvement' but my 60 has no trouble with barrel locking. The 66 is a 65 but with a modified stock design, allowed due to an ESSU/ISSU change in ruling, effectively allowing the the stock to 'join' the trigger guard profile with a maximum dimension of 90mm from the bore line; in the same way Anschutz changed the stock shape of the Mod. 250.
    I actually have a 65 action in a 66 stock as that stock got broken, this is just a simple swap as the actions are the same mechanically but will be marked accordingly.
    All of them nice to shoot and if you need a lighter gun, you can always remove the barrel sleeve as we do for younger shooters on a regular basis. I use mine regularly in the MPL league to good effect.
    ATVB
    abellringer
    Is it fairly easy to remove the sleeve, does the barrel get marked in the process?

There is a nut on the end of the barrel that holds the sleeve in place, so it is very easy to remove and it shouldn't damage the finish of the barrel.

-----------------------
    Frank

Thank you for all the responses; not quite so rare as I thought; I shall continue to keep a lookout for one.