Thread: Walther KK 300 rail dimensions

Walther KK 300 rail dimensions

I'm noticing that my scope raiser rail that I use on my Steyr doesn't fit my Walther KK300. I was aware that they are all different so that was no particular surprise....

Does anybody know the exact rail dimensions for the Walther so I can have a scope raiser made up?

No information in the manual and can't see anything on the Walther site. Even with a Vernier its difficult to get it exact...

I'm wondering if Walther do a standard 'Walther' rail that is consistent across the Walther range? Or do I need to get it exact for this particular rifle?

Will ring Walther next week but thought I would pop the question up on here...

Simon

Walther

Hi Simon, I have a UIT special which uses the KK action. The sight rails on mine seem to accept most air rifle mounts, and I've even used a leapers dovetail to picatinny to raise scope height. Walther used to produce riser blocks iirc. David

Dovetail dimensions

Thanks David.

I can see that Walther do riser blocks for this model but I'm going to have a bespoke one piece scope riser made for me.

I'd rather not have to take the rifle to the guy making it unless I really have to....it's not local.

I need to tell the engineer the precise dimensions of the dovetail so he can make the item. As I say, the Steyr riser will not fit. I'm told the dovetails of many rifles are different dimensions ...Anschutz dovetails are different to Walther for example... there isn't much in it but they are different !

What I'm after is the exact measurements of the dovetail and it's a bugger to try to measure it accurately..

Hoping someone might have the info..

Measurement

It would probably be best to let the person making the riser to measure the grooves himself. As you say it isn't easy! The engineer should have some decent measuring equipment, but it should be possible to measure the od of the action, the width of the rail, but I have no idea how to measure the angle of the groove, other than finding a claw mount that fits perfectly! David

Could be it is the profile of the action above the dove tails e.g. Steyer is flat and anshutz is rounded but the width is the same .

ATB
    James

Sorted now thanks

The guys from Rowan Engineering have solved the issue and I now have a perfectly fitting scope riser.

As it happens the Air Arms FTP riser that they manufacture fits pretty well on the Walther KK300. The dovetail fitting is perfect and the breach and rail dimensions lengthwise even out pretty well.

Job done and many thanks to Derek at Rowan who spent quite some time on the problem.

Simon