Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boinger Bash in NW England?

Boinger Bash in NW England?

Could a bash be sorted in the NW?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I expect you could have one anywhere if you have the space and interest, but it would mean an even longer journey for most of us. The reason its in the exact centre of the country is to make it the shortest possible distance for the maximum amount of people. To make it the dead centre of the UK it would need to be in Haltwhistle, but that would be silly!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Could a bash be sorted in the NW?
    Are you offering?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I expect you could have one anywhere if you have the space and interest, but it would mean an even longer journey for most of us. The reason its in the exact centre of the country is to make it the shortest possible distance for the maximum amount of people. To make it the dead centre of the UK it would need to be in Haltwhistle, but that would be silly!
    Haltwhistle would do just fine!
    A Soldier's time is spent in distress and danger, or in idleness and corruption.
    HW80K, HW35, BSA Lightning XL, BSA Mercury Mk1

I could put it to the Rivi committee at the next A.G.M. (Tues 5th Dec. '17) and see if we could arrange something for 2018 if there is enough interest.

We have both indoor (40 yard rifle and 10m indoor ranges ) as well as a large partly wooded outdoor range (8 miles apart).

According to the Ordnance Survey people the centre of the U.K. is just north of Dunsop Bridge which is 15 miles north of us.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sorry, but there is ONLY ONE BASH

It isn't in the centre of the UK though is it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I could put it to the Rivi committee at the next A.G.M. (Tues 5th Dec. '17) and see if we could arrange something for 2018 if there is enough interest.

We have both indoor (40 yard rifle and 10m indoor ranges ) as well as a large partly wooded outdoor range (8 miles apart).

According to the Ordnance Survey people the centre of the U.K. is just north of Dunsop Bridge which is 15 miles north of us.

ATB
    Ian
    Now that might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Spoken like a true north eastern man!

It isn't in the centre of the UK though is it.
    Micks farm is one field away from the geographical centre of England.

Micks farm is one field away from the geographical centre of England.
    Not arguing about the location but it would be nice to have something which reflected the UK as a whole.

Not arguing about the location but it would be nice to have something which reflected the UK as a whole.
    Mate you're less than 100 miles from there. You're practically neighbours!

Like I said, the centre of the UK as an island is on the A69 between Carlisle and Newcastle. That may be easier for some, but not for most, including you I expect.

Blimey, wish I only lived a hundred miles from micks! But we're still very happy to drive three and a half hours from Cornwall to attend.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    True and well worth any journey

Pete
    Pete

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk