Thread: Valuation on a Webley Tempest required.

Valuation on a Webley Tempest required.

As title, it's in 0.177 cal and was brought by a friend of mine about three months ago (receipt available). Unfortunately he didn't get on well with it and has decided to sell or swap it but I don't know what it's worth. It's in vgc and still has the box and paperwork, and he paid £239 for it when new, would it realistically fetch even half of that amount ?

All useful advice gratefully received.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I just this month sold a near mint original British Brum-built 1980s boxed .177 Tempest with all the original ephemera etc, and it took ten days to find a buyer at £125 including secure insured post (£12), and as my Tempest as detailed and sold was -- and is -- infinitely more desirable and purchasable (not to mention unquestionably better made) than your friend's example, imho, I think your friend will struggle to top the £100 secure posted mark for his near-new non British Tempest if selling on here (or similar forums), so his best bet may be to ask around his non shooting associates, and see if he can get a better price selling to someone untutored from outside the air gun scene, or see what an RFD will give him for it as a trade-back against something he would prefer? He should then chalk the loss down to the steep learning curve that is air gunning (only trying to help, and this is just my take on it you understand ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The Turkish Tempest does have a following, some like the good power, but I tend to agree with Gareth. My first springer pistol was a brand new .177 Turpest for £155. I incorrectly assumed new was better, lesson learned; lost a lot when it sold. I then bought a .22 Brumpest for £70, and enjoy using that far more. Your freind paid a lot did he not, was it the boxed edition?
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 27-08-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Tempest & Brumpest

A new one is £149 from bar so if he is lucky he may get £80 he paid far too much for it

Is it the limited edition boxed centennial version, seems to have paid way over the odds other wise?

There is a thread about that HERE, as I said, the Turpest does have a following.

Thanks for the input to date folks.

As far as I can see it's not the anniversary model (or any other special edition) as it's in a cardboard box with a blue lid, not cased. And I checked the receipt, it definitely says £235. However, having just looked up what other people are charging for them whilst I don't really know it's worth, I'll tell him that he'd maybe get £100 plus post if he was lucky.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.