Thread: makarov value,

makarov value,

Hi guys ,would like to sell this pistol ,been in storage and as new,but not sure of guide price ,i know a new one is around £160 mark,is this a good place to start? any advice appreciated, thanks guys..

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...kyM091djU1Vkd3

there are 3 pictures there i hope,just click on arrow to move ..
    Last edited by lindabowkett; 27-08-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add pictures

Mak

New ones can be found for a lot less unfortunately , Sportsmans Guncentre were selling these blued steel Baikals for less than £120 recently . Your one is early and that can have an attraction value that the closet types will scramble for .

This is a first generation one - the serial number starts 99 so that was the year it was made.

I bought one in the same condition complete (as yours) with box, spares and manual. I paid £150 from a respected dealer who is aware of the value of these.

There is a good video on the tube for us closet types comparing the early and later models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w&t=446s
    Last edited by PaulR; 28-08-2017 at 08:03 AM.

These are much more desirable than the later ones, I've seen those with 99 prefix go for more than £150.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Gah, I bought a 1st gen' model via mail order from JSR, back in the day. I think it was about £80 new, and an extra £18.99 for a spare magazine.

I seem to remember it shot straighter than my new 'T16' version.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 28-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    This is a first generation one - the serial number starts 99 so that was the year it was made.

I bought one in the same condition complete (as yours) with box, spares and manual. I paid £150 from a respected dealer who is aware of the value of these.

There is a good video on the tube for us closet types comparing the early and later models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w&t=446s
    Good vid .
    There was however an earlier '98 model pre UK import that really is 1st gen .

Both showing our age

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Gah, I bought a 1st gen' model via mail order from JSR, back in the day. I think it was about £80 new, and an extra £18.99 for a spare magazine.

I seem to remember it shot straighter than my new 'T16' version.
    We are showing our age a little .
    Later when Ramsbottoms was selling these off , pre VCR intro I saw them selling there for £69 and the mags for £15.99 - I still have the advert somewhere .

Back in the '90s I bought one of these from 'a UK airgun shop'.

It arrived in my letterbox in a thin plastic postal bag and sans it's factory box-labelled 'GUN'.I assumed the vendor was having fun and our postal people refused to bite!!