Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .20 pcp.... What's on the market?

.20 pcp.... What's on the market?

As above really., What .20 pcp's are there to buy on the market?

I know of a few but I'm wondering what's there..
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    As above really., What .20 pcp's are there to buy on the market?

I know of a few but I'm wondering what's there..
    Thanks
    Rhys
    S/H Rapid 7 Rhys !
    “An airgun or two”………

Hi rhyslightnin

I know that Weihrauch do the HW100 in .20 caliber but this is in FAC only. Also I believe Daystate can do .20 but don't know if this is also only FAC and what models they might do it for.

Whats the the reason for wanting .20 if you don't mind me asking?
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

I have a HW 100 in .20 and find it utterly brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Its a Hw100. 'nuff said.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese..

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi2k View Post
    Hi rhyslightnin

I know that Weihrauch do the HW100 in .20 caliber but this is in FAC only. Also I believe Daystate can do .20 but don't know if this is also only FAC and what models they might do it for.

Whats the the reason for wanting .20 if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm wondering if I should reduce my PCP airguns to 1. I currently have a huntsman in .177 & an r10 in .22 which are both awesome but to be perfectly honest I'd actually like to have 1 hunting rifle for all situations.., barns and open fields, ratting, night vision & plinking. This is because I'd like to buy another springer & I feel like three guns is enough. I can't sell my Evo as it's my first ever airgun so it would have to be one of the pcp's to go.
    I really like my huntsman & maybe getting that converted to .20 so I can use it in the barns could be the answer but I'm just looking at all the options.
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Its a Hw100. 'nuff said.
    Yes, been thinking about this one.. it's definitely a possibility, I really like the side lever action and it's a bit heavier than the huntsman which is better for those standing shots, it'll drop onto a Cs800 stock which is probably my favourite stock so far.

Yes, been thinking about this one.. it's definitely a possibility, I really like the side lever action and it's a bit heavier than the huntsman which is better for those standing shots, it'll drop onto a Cs800 stock which is probably my favourite stock so far.
    I think that the HW100 could be the answer for you. I have one in .177 and love it. I find it an accurate rifle so would cover you for the hunting that you want to do along with plinking etc. But maybe not the carbine one as the shot count can be a little low.

And as you live in one of the very best areas in the country, it would serve you well when out and about I'm sure.

Having had a .20 Daystate Merlyn I can honestly say don't bother. It has no positives against either of the other calibres. I now use a .177 Gladius at 11.2ftlb usng FTT for all my farmyard shooting.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Having had a .20 Daystate Merlyn I can honestly say don't bother. It has no positives against either of the other calibres. I now use a .177 Gladius at 11.2ftlb usng FTT for all my farmyard shooting.
    What about pass through on birds in a barn? One of the other options I thought of was something with adjustable power.. like an fx streamline or the bobcat in sales (although I think I'd much prefer a wooden stock).

I think that the HW100 could be the answer for you. I have one in .177 and love it. I find it an accurate rifle so would cover you for the hunting that you want to do along with plinking etc. But maybe not the carbine one as the shot count can be a little low.

And as you live in one of the very best areas in the country, it would serve you well when out and about I'm sure.
    Shot count isn't my most important thing. If it'll do 50/60 per fill I'm not bothered. Smaller air cylinder means it's easier to fill with a pump I've not really been using my bottle so much & I've not yet found anywhere to fill it..

Hi Rhys, i own all the calibres in sub12fpe, i use my .20 daystate huntsman the most
    the reason being , i get virtually the same trajectory as a .177 with almost the impact of a .22
    its deadly accurate, i do not get over penetration as i have had with my.177 , with H&N-FTT .20 pellets
    i have a deadly combo, it works for me , of course everyone has a different opinion on this calibre
    but i have used this combo for nearly 3 years now and i know it works.
    atb brian

Hi, I have a .20 hw100kt laminate and absolutely love it ,being .20 and carbine I get 80 + full power accurate shots which is plenty for any of my hunting excursions and it loves H&M ftt.

What about pass through on birds in a barn? One of the other options I thought of was something with adjustable power.. like an fx streamline or the bobcat in sales (although I think I'd much prefer a wooden stock).
    Over penetration is controllable by choosing the right pellet and keeping the power down. It doesn't matter if its a .177 or a .25, if it hits a roof panel it is likely going through if you have too much energy.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Shot count isn't my most important thing. If it'll do 50/60 per fill I'm not bothered. Smaller air cylinder means it's easier to fill with a pump I've not really been using my bottle so much & I've not yet found anywhere to fill it..

Rhys

As we seem to live in the same sort of area, the best place I have found for a gun shop and to get my bottle filled is Wiltshire Shooting Centre. Cheap to get the bottle filled and you can have a look at the range of guns they have there, which is usually vast. Also the staff are really friendly and have a vast range of knowledge. They're more than happy to help and can answer questions you have on which makes have .20 available, new or secondhand.

ATB

Ross