Thread: Webley Vulcan .22 valuation please

Webley Vulcan .22 valuation please

Now for sale, thanks for the advice chaps.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....64#post7327464
    Last edited by Rampant Rapid; 28-08-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I'm slightly bias, as am a big fan of the Vulcan, but boxed like that, and in that seemingly vgc, seeing as the Vulcan was such a land Mark Webley rifle (so superior to its predecessor, the Hawk, that the difference was -- and is -- almost immeasurable), imo, yours as pictured, has just got to be worth the thick end of £225 plus post.

I actually own a boxed Vulcan SE .22 (one of only 110 made, so possibly one of the rarest Webleys around?) but if I didn't, I'd be stalking you, and waiting for you to post a sales thread for this, on a disturbingly regular basis lol.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I'm slightly bias, as am a big fan of the Vulcan, but boxed like that, and in that seemingly vgc, seeing as the Vulcan was such a land Mark Webley rifle (so superior to its predecessor, the Hawk, that the difference was -- and is -- almost immeasurable), imo, yours as pictured, has just got to be worth the thick end of £225 plus post.

I actually own a boxed Vulcan SE .22 (one of only 110 made, so possibly one of the rarest Webleys around?) but if I didn't, I'd be stalking you, and waiting for you to post a sales thread for this, on a disturbingly regular basis lol.
    Thank you, I wasn't actually expecting it to be worth that. I will be listing it for sale, if you could be tempted 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rapid View Post

Thank you, I wasn't actually expecting it to be worth that. I will be listing it for sale, if you could be tempted ��
    Lol. Condition is always King with collectables and yours has that, and a good condition box always ads a value, but as stated, I am bias as am a Vulcanofile, so best get some other opinions before advertising it for sale, although for further ref, I sold a gc (not vgc) example last September for £175, so I don't think I am too far wide of the mark, although the one I did sell was in the rarer .177 ... Not sure I could justify buying yet another Vulcan, but if you fancy the Bi-Centenary Kentucky Pioneer .177 that I currently have listed, am always up for a swap (and would chuck some goodies into the mix to equal up the values ). If that is of any interest, drop me a p-m. If not, glad to've been of some help, and good luck with your pending sale: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Kentucky pioneer isn't my thing, I have always had a soft spot for BSA 240 Magnums though

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm but I put the value closer to £120.
    The box is a plus.
    But MKII Vulcans are two a penny and plenty are better condition than the scratched version shown. £225 would need to be mint in box, that rifle isn't.

Plenty of examples on the gun trader sites.

Red face Piece of Humble Pie Please ...

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm but I put the value closer to £120.
    The box is a plus.
    But MKII Vulcans are two a penny and plenty are better condition than the scratched version shown. £225 would need to be mint in box, that rifle isn't.
    Now home and viewing pictures on my PC, and not on my small screen phone, I can now see that the condition isn't as good as I at first thought it was, so sorry for any over-egging earlier, but am never too proud not to admit when I've called it wrong, so yep, given what I can now see, I agree, £120 to £150 as a guide price would now sit easier with me, although having recently sold a spare Vulcan box on the bay of eeee, I would urge selling the rifle as is at the revised price and sell the box on here, or on eeee, separately ... I'll get me coat.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I sold one a few months ago in better condition than this with a scope, bag and moderator plus all original sight parts for around £165, I would have thought £110/120 would be a realistic estimate.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I would like to out myself as the new owner of this rifle , it was a must buy for me as it was the very first gun I owned that got me into shooting bought by my dear old dad , the seller is an absolute gent good deal very happy , this is going to see some action on the usual suspects for airgun quarry

Atb
    Nath

Quote Originally Posted by nath92 View Post

I would like to out myself as the new owner of this rifle , it was a must buy for me as it was the very first gun I owned that got me into shooting bought by my dear old dad , the seller is an absolute gent good deal very happy , this is going to see some action on the usual suspects for airgun quarry

Atb
    Nath
    Well bought Nath, and regarding any stock renovation work this old work horse may need, you am de man who can (I say this as Nath is one of the best stock refurbishers around -- he conducted a stock refurb for me at a very competitive price a few months back, and I was delighted with both the end result, and Nath's unquestionable skill ). Atb: G.