Thread: Webley Vulcan .22 valuation please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Vulcan .22 valuation please

Now for sale, thanks for the advice chaps.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....64#post7327464
    Last edited by Rampant Rapid; 28-08-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I'm slightly bias, as am a big fan of the Vulcan, but boxed like that, and in that seemingly vgc, seeing as the Vulcan was such a land Mark Webley rifle (so superior to its predecessor, the Hawk, that the difference was -- and is -- almost immeasurable), imo, yours as pictured, has just got to be worth the thick end of £225 plus post.

I actually own a boxed Vulcan SE .22 (one of only 110 made, so possibly one of the rarest Webleys around?) but if I didn't, I'd be stalking you, and waiting for you to post a sales thread for this, on a disturbingly regular basis lol.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    I'm slightly bias, as am a big fan of the Vulcan, but boxed like that, and in that seemingly vgc, seeing as the Vulcan was such a land Mark Webley rifle (so superior to its predecessor, the Hawk, that the difference was -- and is -- almost immeasurable), imo, yours as pictured, has just got to be worth the thick end of £225 plus post.

I actually own a boxed Vulcan SE .22 (one of only 110 made, so possibly one of the rarest Webleys around?) but if I didn't, I'd be stalking you, and waiting for you to post a sales thread for this, on a disturbingly regular basis lol.
    Thank you, I wasn't actually expecting it to be worth that. I will be listing it for sale, if you could be tempted 😉

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rapid View Post

Thank you, I wasn't actually expecting it to be worth that. I will be listing it for sale, if you could be tempted ��
    Lol. Condition is always King with collectables and yours has that, and a good condition box always ads a value, but as stated, I am bias as am a Vulcanofile, so best get some other opinions before advertising it for sale, although for further ref, I sold a gc (not vgc) example last September for £175, so I don't think I am too far wide of the mark, although the one I did sell was in the rarer .177 ... Not sure I could justify buying yet another Vulcan, but if you fancy the Bi-Centenary Kentucky Pioneer .177 that I currently have listed, am always up for a swap (and would chuck some goodies into the mix to equal up the values ). If that is of any interest, drop me a p-m. If not, glad to've been of some help, and good luck with your pending sale: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Kentucky pioneer isn't my thing, I have always had a soft spot for BSA 240 Magnums though

Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm but I put the value closer to £120.
    The box is a plus.
    But MKII Vulcans are two a penny and plenty are better condition than the scratched version shown. £225 would need to be mint in box, that rifle isn't.

Plenty of examples on the gun trader sites.