Thread: Valuation on a Webley Hurricane required

Valuation on a Webley Hurricane required

Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to tell me the approx value of my .22 Webley Hurricane? I bought it brand new in 1978, it has had some use and has obviously picked up a few scratches over the years but generally it is in very good condition especially considering it is nearly 40 years old and it still works perfectly. I still have the original box and the black plastic scope sight Adaptor which came with it.

Cheers.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    There is a boxed one in sales atm for £200, but I would guess it will be there for a very long time. Rickenbacker on here spent literally years trying to sell his boxed one, complete with original scope mount and scope for £115, and I have no idea what it actually went for. I would pay up to £80 for a good one depending on condition, but as I use them rather than collect, the box wouldn't add interest or value to me.

Hope that helps.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

There are lots of them about, so the box doesn't add as much value as people think unless it and the gun are in excellent condition and it includes as much as possible of the original contents: pellet tin, targets, Allen keys, scope rail, leaflets, and all the other stuff Webley used to pack in there.

Maybe £90-100. Depends on exact condition, and demand.

Thanks guys,

I was expecting to be it sort of around those figures. I agree about the boxing, it doesn't matter to most people but some do like it to have original items as you have mentioned. Unfortunately, pellet tin, targets and Instructions have all gone but I probably do have the Allen key still, well at least one of the correct size but I can't guarantee it's the same one! There was a spare air seal with it but I did fit that some years ago.

I've pretty much decided to part with it anyway, I think £90 would be a fair price for it but obviously only I know of its condition, in my opinion it is worth this amount.

I think in good condition and boxed it should at least fetch £120-£130 - condition is all however so photos would help.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I think in good condition and boxed it should at least fetch £120-£130 - condition is all however so photos would help.
    I think I'll post some photos as you suggest so it will give you guys a better idea of its condition.

Thanks for your comments.

Hi there Mr Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    [...] Rickenbacker on here spent literally years trying to sell his boxed one, complete with original scope mount and scope [...]
    Yup,
    Pistol was in good honest condition, with all the bits and pieces and papers.
    Box lid was the worst part - rather scruffy & taped along one side.
    This was the earlier variant with the posh red velvety lined box.
    Sold it eventually, to a nice fella on here for £120. including the postage. According to my records.

I wish Webley had made the white lettering a lot more durable.

I've seen some really nice condition Tempests and Hurricanes ruined (aesthetically) by erased lettering.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.