Thread: Hausken HMR Mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hausken HMR Mod

Hausken MD35 HMR mod,

Had this fitted for a couple of months now & what a cracking bit of kit it is.
    I've tried most of the regular contenders & they're all much the same as generally they're all .22 lr proofed but the Hausken is .17 specific which I'm finding makes a big difference.
    One top feature is that it comes with a large thread (18mm?) & you fit a factory thread adaptor (stainless steel by the look of it) for your rifle, so buy a new rifle with a different thread & just swap the factory adaptor.
    next to a SAK for scale
    a better picture https://ibb.co/ds8ysQ
    Last edited by angrybear; 29-08-2017 at 06:02 PM.

I saw one of these on the local gun shop owners own .17 rifle.
    I assumed they must be pretty good if he's got one"
    What sort of money are they and how do they compare weight wise to a SAK?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

The full spec is on the Hausken web site but it's 17mm shorter & 23g lighter than a SAK, it also oozes quality.
    Down side is £96 or thereabouts.
    I didn't really notice until I compared them but with the SAK on the HMR it actually gives a longer almost two stage report, so you get "ka-bang", the Hausken is a way shorter crisper "crack"

It really is an astonishing difference.

now a better photo above.
    Last edited by angrybear; 29-08-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Psychosomatic88 is offline Played the Honey monster in a police line up
    I have a Hausken JD184 on my Mauser 308. Beautiful moderator and suppression is very good. It is also incredibly light and since the Mauser is also a featherweight, doesn't upset the balance. Very impressed with it, but it was also very costly.
    Mauser Kar98K 8x57 ~ Mosin Nagant PU Sniper 7.62x54r ~ Mateba Grifone .357 ~ Mauser M12 impact .308 ~ Steyr AUG .223 ~ Sig Sauer 522 .22lr ~ Mauser ES340B .22lr ~ Beretta SV10 Prevail ~ Beretta 1301 Comp 10+1 ~ Armsan A612 ~ Newhaven Mossberg 600et .410 pump