Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsporter Mk1 'Purists' - look away now!

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    So am I !
    The 'one that got away' mate!

Just ordered a 'blank', when I get it, I will be taking my time - not going to rush it, It's possibly big enough that I could get two Airsporter stocks out of it with care, anyway, the first one will be very much 'experimental' so it will be interesting to see how it turns out, now I just have to decide on the detailing touches.
    The way I intend to do it is to start with a very rough outline shape and fit it to the action properly, then when happy with that, finish the outside or external as I want it!

As with some of the hardwood name plaques I have carved in the past - the shape will be in the wood and will come through as I progress, just like the letters I carve into the wood on the plaques - they always come out slightly differently than I thought - it's a bit like your hand is being guided!
    Rosewood schnabel or just plain tip?
    Either way, it will have an elongated stock on the lines of an elegant deer stalker type rifle, perhaps with a longer forend - exciting innit!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    The 'one that got away' mate!

Just ordered a 'blank', when I get it, I will be taking my time - not going to rush it, It's possibly big enough that I could get two Airsporter stocks out of it with care, anyway, the first one will be very much 'experimental' so it will be interesting to see how it turns out, now I just have to decide on the detailing touches.
    The way I intend to do it is to start with a very rough outline shape and fit it to the action properly, then when happy with that, finish the outside or external as I want it!

As with some of the hardwood name plaques I have carved in the past - the shape will be in the wood and will come through as I progress, just like the letters I carve into the wood on the plaques - they always come out slightly differently than I thought - it's a bit like your hand is being guided!
    Rosewood schnabel or just plain tip?
    Either way, it will have an elongated stock on the lines of an elegant deer stalker type rifle, perhaps with a longer forend - exciting innit!

ASM
    If you get the chance, and for a bit of inspiration, "Google-Up" the Blaser website and take a look at some of their Custom rifles !
    “An airgun or two”………

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    If you get the chance, and for a bit of inspiration, "Google-Up" the Blaser website and take a look at some of their Custom rifles !
    Had a look mate, some high gloss finishes there, some good inspiration although mine will be simpler and 'less glossy' through choice!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.