Now I have my man cave sorted, (see thread in Non airgun section) my intention is to do some Airsporter 'project' work I have had simmering in my mind for a few years.

I have a Mk1 (Mk1 Airsporters are my favourite of the Airsporter rifles) project rifle that I acquired off here a few years ago that I intend to strip down and carry out a few mod’s on.
One is to make a one off new stock for it – problem is acquiring a suitable blank at reasonable price, preferably walnut.

The stock will be of the style of the ‘Centenary Airsporter’ with an elongated fore end and a raised comb and cheekpiece.
I will drill and tap the air chamber top to accept a suitable scope ramp, or, I will ‘bond’ one on using a suitable adhesive – not sure which.
A one piece off set scope mount and a decent scope will be fitted.
Also I will refurbish all the mechanics/seals etc and have the metal works re-blued.
All in all, I should end up with a much improved Mk1 – a ‘special’ one off, sorry if that offends the ‘purists’ but I have a couple of nice examples that I wouldn’t dream of doing this to, the example I will modify has definitely it’s ‘best days behind it’ – but hopefully, that will change and it will shine again! (as well as being very unique)

Additionally, I have had it in my mind to alter a couple of second hand Airsporter stocks (beech) I have, they are the Mk4/5/6 open ended type, again to an extended fore end enclosing the existing underlever. The way I intend to do this is to half lap onto the existing ‘arms’ running back to the trigger area (aka Mk 1 and 2 three piece stocks) so the stock will look very similar at this point as inevitably, there is going to have to be an obvious ‘Joint’ between old and new sections.
I just have to obtain some suitable beech wood to do it! (just missed out on some a couple of months back too! )
What say you about this proposal?

Please be polite! (befitting 'Gentlemans corner'! )

ASM