Thread: Uzi optional extras

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Uzi optional extras

I've been ripping cans up in the garden with my Swiss Arms Uzi today. (I bought 100 CO2 carts for just £32 posted. Thanks Ramsbottoms)
    I've been shooting my other BB replicas a lot recently, and getting this out today made me realise how much I enjoy shooting it.

The problem is its just so plasticky! The mag is full of lead to give the impression of solidness, but in reality its a metal frame wrapped in black plastic with nasty black plastic grips.

I have seen the Guarder Aluminium receiver sets on t'interweb and wondered if anyone here has seen, fitted or bought one? Also, is there a steel barrel relacement for .177? If not I will probably machine my own.
    Lastly, are the grips compatible with real ones, if so, has anyone found a decent set?

I'm gonna pimp ma Uzi!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I am sure I have seen something on the interweb where a chap did the metal frame conversion. Also I believe there is an airsoft fake silencer that can be adapted, and there are some people who make adaptors (try the well-known auction site) for proper airgun silencers. And some kind of hooky scope mount that fits behind the barrel nut (mirroring a real item sold in the US by B-Square in the 80s).

The cheap crappy plastic grips seem to me rather similar to the cheap crappy plastic grips on the real thing.

Ever the contrarian, I'd have preferred it if they'd made a replica of either the full-size gun, or the ludicrous but amusing Micro-Uzi. Either of which conversions I guess would be achievable as a project, if one had the time, money and skills, by mixing airsoft parts from replicas of those two with the airgun bits of the Swiss Arms "Protector".

Let me know what you think of the mods if you get them. I bought one of the first Umarex uzi that came here a few years ago and I am still impressed with it. Think their mag is solid and well made and never had a days trouble with it. People laugh when I say these could become a future collectable due to the potential mod you can do. People would have laughed if guys 50 years ago had said that their Daisy pistol would be a collectable in the future ! I wish they had made the Micro uzi instead as we had them in 9mm in South Africa and they are a lot less clumsy.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ok, I'm away for a month, but I'll order the parts a week before I come back so they will be here just after our return. I will make a steel barrel to replace the plastic one too, maybe a few CM longer and screwcut for a flash hider/moderator. The extra weight from that should add some to make it feel better.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Let me know what you think of the mods if you get them. I bought one of the first Umarex uzi that came here a few years ago and I am still impressed with it. Think their mag is solid and well made and never had a days trouble with it. People laugh when I say these could become a future collectable due to the potential mod you can do. People would have laughed if guys 50 years ago had said that their Daisy pistol would be a collectable in the future ! I wish they had made the Micro uzi instead as we had them in 9mm in South Africa and they are a lot less clumsy.

Baz
    Baz,
    Maruzen did an airsoft gas powered micro uzi that went like the clappers, I've been looking for one for some time!

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Baz,
    Maruzen did an airsoft gas powered micro uzi that went like the clappers, I've been looking for one for some time!
    Mike, get me one !
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

That mod looks interesting
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.