Thread: Diana G4 locking dimple

Diana G4 locking dimple

I am not a great fan of this design, but when I saw this boxed one that looked like it just came from the shop, I was tempted. The new looks belied the performance as it was only doing 117 fps with 7 grn pellets. Went to strip it and found the thread locked with a stamped dimple. Thinking about it realised this was done to stop the back nut slightly unscrewing which would stop the cocking lever resetting in position. Drilled out the dimple and stripped to find a mangled piston seal which I replaced, the spring still having a fair bit of ooomph. Now doing 350 fps which is fairly acceptable. What sort of value would this pistol have today ?

Thanks, Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Oooh, that was a mangled piston!

Value, probably £60.00 plus postage.

I am one of those sad b*****ds that quite like them, not counted recently but have got 5 or 6, all different of course.

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Oooh, that was a mangled piston!

Value, probably £60.00 plus postage.

I am one of those sad b*****ds that quite like them, not counted recently but have got 5 or 6, all different of course.

I must say they feel comfortable in the hand and the trigger is quite good. Not sure what power they were supposed to produce.

Baz

Do you think lack of use made the seal stick to the cylinder then get mashed on cocking?????
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Do you think lack of use made the seal stick to the cylinder then get mashed on cocking?????
    That is a mystery as it looks like the leather seal had gone all mushy from some kind of oil but the pistol was bone dry inside and looked like it had hardly been fired.
    No-one mentioned my misspelling they are so polite, you sometimes get more people reading when you spell the name wrong.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    That is a mystery as it looks like the leather seal had gone all mushy from some kind of oil but the pistol was bone dry inside and looked like it had hardly been fired.
    No-one mentioned my misspelling they are so polite, you sometimes get more people reading when you spell the name wrong.

Baz
    Most odd indeed?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)