Thread: MOSIN NAGANT Co2 bb by Who ?

MOSIN NAGANT Co2 bb by Who ?

Wanted a Mosin Nagant airrifle - Co2 bb jobbie then thought before I spends my money , look around to see if any variations are available .
    Here all seen are retailed as AirForceOne , occasionally seen elsewhere as Gletcher .
    So as always the general public spend their money on what turns up in the local gunshop .
    With these rebranded imports there is usually more of the same ilk / variations/ models then accessories that are not for financial reasons ever seen - here at least .

Did actually find a trench warfare ' shortie' version of the earlier 1890's Nagant - cut down stock / barrel .
    Interesting and sort of proved my point of looking even quickly outside the box before spending cash .

Have looked online for AirForceOne - and unless they make stuff on Mars are totally under the radar . No website
    At least Gletcher have a website .
    Neither 'make' anything and seem to be trading names only .

So who makes them - and it'll be in China or Taiwan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Wanted a Mosin Nagant airrifle - Co2 bb jobbie then thought before I spends my money , look around to see if any variations are available .
    Here all seen are retailed as AirForceOne , occasionally seen elsewhere as Gletcher .
    So as always the general public spend their money on what turns up in the local gunshop .
    With these rebranded imports there is usually more of the same ilk / variations/ models then accessories that are not for financial reasons ever seen - here at least .

Did actually find a trench warfare ' shortie' version of the earlier 1890's Nagant - cut down stock / barrel .
    Interesting and sort of proved my point of looking even quickly outside the box before spending cash .

Have looked online for AirForceOne - and unless they make stuff on Mars are totally under the radar . No website
    At least Gletcher have a website .
    Neither 'make' anything and seem to be trading names only .

So who makes them - and it'll be in China or Taiwan ?
    Hi Jimmie,

The Shooting Party import them and the rifle is based on a far Eastern airsoft model I believe. The stocks are plastic btw.

TSP are developing a CO2 Mauser K98 with a proper wooden stock, which is due to be followed by a Lee Enfield - my honest advice is to wait for one of these unless you have a particular fondness of the Mosin.

Kind regards,

John

Others

Well I did see the online 'release' info for these other two but so far . . . .
    So who actually makes them , and the obviously " by same maker " Mosin rifle / Mosin 'shortie pistol'
    TSP is only a shop / retailer ( edit added : who sell the Mosin under the AirForceOne banner when Gletcher sell the exact same thing under their name )
    Or are they modding them do you think ? from gas airsoft ?
    Then again the Mosin is already Co2 and bb firing and its obviously from the same stable .
    Will be nice to see , if and when they do finally appear .
    The news release online said July .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Well I did see the online 'release' info for these other two but so far . . . .
    So who actually makes them , and the obviously " by same maker " Mosin rifle / Mosin 'shortie pistol'
    TSP is only a shop / retailer ( edit added : who sell the Mosin under the AirForceOne banner when Gletcher sell the exact same thing under their name )
    Or are they modding them do you think ? from gas airsoft ?
    Then again the Mosin is already Co2 and bb firing and its obviously from the same stable .
    Will be nice to see , if and when they do finally appear .
    The news release online said July .
    Not sure who makes them and I was lucky enough to be shown the prototype K98 at a recent arms fair. Hopefully we won't have too much longer to wait.

It's a shame they focus on 12g CO2 just for the novelty of fitting it in a the mag.

I would love to see a MK4 with an 88G CO2 hidden in the butt where the oil bottle / cleaning supply should be.
    Better yet fit it with an actual air cylinder in the same place like the Skan Millennium edition.

Either way I look forward to adding the K98 and MK4. I don't see buying the Mosin aka "Garbage Rod" if it's just a plastic stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    It's a shame they focus on 12g CO2 just for the novelty of fitting it in a the mag.

I would love to see a MK4 with an 88G CO2 hidden in the butt where the oil bottle / cleaning supply should be.
    Better yet fit it with an actual air cylinder in the same place like the Skan Millennium edition.

Either way I look forward to adding the K98 and MK4. I don't see buying the Mosin aka "Garbage Rod" if it's just a plastic stock.
    It just shows how opinions differ as I'm no fan of the 88G cylinder on the basis it's simply too big. I sometimes enjoy a quick visit to the club and a limited quantity of shots, so an oversized cylinder is just too much. Now maybe if there was a way to cap it off and save what's left for another day or even bulk fill, that would attract my interest.

TSP hope the K98 will be higher powered than the MN and I hope they set it up with copper coated lead rather than steel BB.

John

The CO2 Mosins I have seen are (even with the plastic stock) very close to the real rifle. The colour of the plastic-wood is very good and while the action doesn't feel anything like the real thing (if anything it is better! The Mosins I have shot have been far from refined) it is more than a passable replica.

I too hate the 88g CO2, too big, too expensive and with too small a shot count. 2x 12G is a much better option and easily achievable on most rifles. Most rifles of this era did not have detachable mags (or they were not designed to reload by changing the mag) so I see no issue with finding somewhere else to put the CO2 other than having to include a way of charging it.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

TSP hope the K98 will be higher powered than the MN and I hope they set it up with copper coated lead rather than steel BB.

John
    So this UK retailer is modding these for the UK market ?
    From what / using what as a platform though is the question .
    I doubt whether anything is done here UK - usually any biz buys off the shelf by the pallet and imports .

edit for clearness Most al these toys are made as 6mm airsoft in green gas or Co2 then as a sideline for us over here they are also released in 4.5mm .

The Mosin - both variations long and short are manufactured as bb guns made somewhere - far removed from England and available here under two brands .
    This is a bit like the Webley revolver .
    Made in either China or Taiwan and then sold for Webley brand here in 4.5mm .
    But also there is a non Webley branded version in 6mm to max on sales worldwide - they ( over there ) get the option of having no tacky plastic safety button !
    Same story as :
    the P08 blowback .
    the Broomhandle Mauser .
    All sold under so many 'names' now people on other forums have lost track and interest .
    General assumption these are made by KWC as all others are identical to KWC branded items .
    Sometimes I just like taking a Premier or Senior out for a play - blued steel , rifled barrel and made exactly where it says on the box .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 02-09-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: too late for mysteries - I'm off to bed

No UK Manufacturer seems to have the slightest interest in making these sort of replicas or indeed air pistols.
    So we should be pleased that we have importers to supply the demand.

It is ironic that Umarex sell shed loads of their MP 40s to us.
    I say theirs but I'm not sure who makes them either.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    No UK Manufacturer seems to have the slightest interest in making these sort of replicas or indeed air pistols.
    So we should be pleased that we have importers to supply the demand.

It is ironic that Umarex sell shed loads of their MP 40s to us.
    I say theirs but I'm not sure who makes them either.

Am not knocking them at all I do like to see some transparancy especially when handing over near enough £500 squids .
    Am more than happy that somebody is taking up the mantle otherwise we wouldn't have the Mosin N which is despite the plastic well reviewed .
    But at least ' who makes it ' would be a benefit and certainly not a small 'shop' here hence my remarks about Webley Seniors etc .
    Just got me a nice KWC made ( ? or ? I give up ! ) Luger .
    Love it . Brill .