Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used airgun market slow?

Used airgun market slow?

Been looking for a used Wildcat for some time now and its surprising how many seem to have been for sale for several months now.
    Has the market gone really slow or are people asking too much?
    I you want to sell a 177 Wildcat ....try me
    Have fun

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    IMOP people are asking too much for everything.

SH sales here have stagnated a little.

And it shows when a good priced gun comes up it sells within minutes.

Others are bumped to death for weeks!

Never used to be like that.

It was enthusiasts selling to other enthusiasts.

Now it seems like we have a lot of traders on here who bump up the prices.

Also less and less people are posting so I buy less if its only local guns available.

If I'm going to pay dealer prises I might as well go to a dealer and have a brew and a chat.

And have a better selection.
    Last edited by Murphy; 03-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Master Debater

Anything will sell at the right price

1980s 90s 2nd hand was half what it was new,now people want shop price,ive seem people on here asking more than shop price,but not just on here other sites n not just guns.this is the way it is,when buying want it for peanuts,when selling they want shop price.just the way it is.

It's the holiday season and next Christmas so folk will be selling for a few bucks.
    And for the same reasons folk are not buying.

To sell it needs to be cheap and then you get the pond life appearing.

I'd agree things are over priced I've seen an hft500 and reasonable scope up for £995
    It's not worth that much second hand around a year old.surprisingly it's had no interest,may as well buy a new one for that money

Quality will always cost, regardless. Many a collector started by not selling a good gun for peanuts. If someone is after a rifle that can shoot holes in Polo mint at 400 yards for £50, then good luck to them.

Daft prices

Was and still looking for a Relum Tornado but people asking £100 plus
    Can remember in here they were going for less than £50 and being ridiculed !!!
    Times have changed and not for the best either.!!!

The best is on freeads, there's sellers on there asking more than the shop price just because they whack a £50 hawke scope on there used it for a year and always had less than a tin of pellets through it. Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbean View Post
    Been looking for a used Wildcat for some time now and its surprising how many seem to have been for sale for several months now.
    Has the market gone really slow or are people asking too much?
    I you want to sell a 177 Wildcat ....try me
    Have fun
    Definitely think the market is slow. Plus the fact there is a lot of people who want things for next to nothing. One example is the Prosport for sale on here at the moment (and I have nothing to do with the seller or have any interest in the rifle as I already have one). New gun £589 at a well known West Coast shop, cheapest comparable gun on Guntrader £460. Offered on here for £350 with adjustable buttpad, Rowan trigger and a brass trigger guard and no takers. It looks a snip to me

it's a mix of a buyer's market and sellers wanting too much aswel.
    i wouldn't buy secondhand just to save a small amount and i'd rather buy from a shop

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Old bean, my wildcat could be for sale. No scope but cased. Good condition, little used.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Old bean, my wildcat could be for sale. No scope but cased. Good condition, little used.
    Think we are rather far apart as I am in East Angria!
    But for the record what is the serial no so I can check build date. And if you like pm me your price indication.
    You never know.....if the price is right. As Brucie used to say.
    Cheers ....have fun .....

The problem is people asking too much. It's been said before, if its priced right it will sell. The obvious exclusion being how desirable the item is.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The problem is people asking too much. It's been said before, if its priced right it will sell. The obvious exclusion being how desirable the item is.
    Some people do ask too much you are right but even items priced great seem to hang around for ever sometimes, Its not just the BBS though. I think priced right for some folk equates to giving it away.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !