Thread: ML pistol in Glasgow area

ML pistol in Glasgow area

Hi folks... Im thinking about trying my hand with powder burners.. I have contacted Dundonald Rifle and Pistol Club, which is about a half hours drive from me, but no reply yet.
    Im just wondering if there are any members on here that are also members of a club in the Glasgow area that I could visit with a view to joining as a probationee?
    In the meantime Im satisfying my curiosity with PDFs and Youtube videos.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hi folks... Im thinking about trying my hand with powder burners.. I have contacted Dundonald Rifle and Pistol Club, which is about a half hours drive from me, but no reply yet.
    Im just wondering if there are any members on here that are also members of a club in the Glasgow area that I could visit with a view to joining as a probationee?
    In the meantime Im satisfying my curiosity with PDFs and Youtube videos.
    From what I remember my mate tried to speak to them but got no reply, perhaps best visiting them in person rather than waiting on an email.

If you're from Paisley there are a few other clubs a bit closer, Glengarnock and Stewarton might be worth a look.

http://www.atsa.co.uk/clubs.html

Thanks for that SK.. I have looked at these clubs but they don't have any contact details on the web at all.. nothing! I have messaged someone asking for contact details of the Stewarton club but we'll need to see if anyone gets back to me. The dunfonald club looks good.. lots of competition participation and a pretty good website. I'll give them a phone I think
    Donald

Aye, Dundonald does have a nice setup, unfortunately their probation nights don't work for me.

I see there's a bp competition on in Largs Sep 23 or thereabouts... I wonder if we could spectate?
    Donald

Up at Inverclyde I take it? Hopefully I'll make it along, always good to get talking to folk, its a ten minute walk for me.

Yep.. I've been in touch with Henry from Shandon. I'm going up on the 17th. He said that the comp day wouldn't be good for meeting folk.
    Donald

Ah, well I might take a stoat along and have a quiet watch anyway if nobody objects.