Thread: BSA quarry king 6-24x50

BSA quarry king 6-24x50

Looking at one of the above just as a cheap standby. Anybody have one or can give me an honest opinion of the quality. I do realise that at about £70 they are not brilliant lenses, but as I said just after a cheap standby. Thanks.

Well, this request for info went down well.

Hi M8ty,

I found them to be surprisingly good - in particular the clarity over the complete zoom spectrum, better than some of my other scopes costing a lot more. One downside the FOV is quite narrow and the X hairs somewhat thicker than I'd ideally like. I'm no expert but I wondered whether limiting FOV somehow saved a bit on the manufacture cost thus giving better optics for your £?

For a bench mark - I might use a Hawke Vantage on some of my cheaper AG's, but usually stick to Endurance or Mamba Pro's and with that in mind the BSA compares imho very well - Suffice to say for the money I was very happy...

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Well, this request for info went down well.
    Well I'm baffled as to why anyone would waste money on;
    1/. a stand-by scope of any kind
    and
    2/. if they did, that it would be one they know is cheap (& nasty ?)

makes more sense (to me) to put the money towards a better scope in the first place, that will be repaired or replaced on the very rare occasion of it going wrong.

I have had BSA scopes in the past and I was quite pleased with them. Just wondering what the quality is like currently. And, why not have a standby scope, seems reasonable enough. Also to not spend a great deal on one.
    Thanks Yafflle1234 for your input. The scope I am looking at has a mildot reticle.

I had one recently. I bought it new and found it ok for the money but I moved it on quick, selling it after a few weeks. Being a 50mm dia. objective lens I had to use high mounts and the rifle I had bought the scope to put on, an old Scorpion that did not have a cheek riser so to get the correct view I was lifting my head of the stock. I had constant parallax error's. Didn't work for me.
    Last edited by cyclopse; 08-09-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

I have a 6 - 24 x56 SF quarryking and it is excellent, in fact I am looking for another one.
    Bob