Thread: underpowered hw110 .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

underpowered hw110 .177

I have just got round to putting my second hand hw110 .177 through the skan and was dissapointed it doing 10.1/2ftlb,it will be used for hunting,can someone pm me how to get it to 11.1/2. i am useing exact diabolo 8.44gr,Thank you.
    rgds stubbs4612

secretagentmole Guest
    Try using JSB Exact Heavies or Daystate Heavies....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Try using JSB Exact Heavies or Daystate Heavies....
    maybe he doesn`t like their loopy trajectory??
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

What velocity are you getting?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    How much loopier really???
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

A familiar story...Sell it or send it to HC...may still be covered under Weihrauch warranty.
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    How much loopier really???
    Not much to be fair - my main hunting rifle is running around 11.5 with .177 JSB Heavies.
    Zeroed at 35yrds with reticle mapped, it works very well.

But, if I'm honest, I'd see low 10s with a medium weight pellet as a tad under power - especially for hunting with .177.

All of the above.

I maybe sticking my neck out here but a 10 ft.lbs airgun should not be used for hunting beyond 35~40 yards. The gun is under powered so needs sorting out. All those who hunt with sub 12 ft.lbs know that these should be on the higher side of 11 for hunting.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    That's immaterial, a sub 12 rifle must be sub 12 with any & every pellet so you test various pellets for muzzle energy in the same way that you test them for accuracy rather than just chuck anything down the barrel.

Those two should give higher readings & final energy should be set with whatever's highest which may not be your everyday pellet.

Would it be grease on the hammer spring, same issue my 100 had? My 110 runs @ 11.4 ft lb. Only shot about 500 pellets through it.
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177

Checked a few pellets when I got my 110 in .177 a month ago, here are the results:

RWS superdome 10.86

HW FT Exact 4.51 11.07

Accupell 10.4

AA Diablo Field 11.02

JSB Exact 10.86

JSB Exact Heavy 10.94

Accuracy wise I chose the Accupells (which are also the tightest fit if that means anything)

Although the lowest energy, I could still knock down the Bash bucket at 75 yds no problem & didn't notice any difference from 200 bar down to 100.

As I don't hunt not bothered about the power unless it drops any more.

Rob

HW losing power slowly

Had to return my first HW110 .177 after three days as it would not hold air for more than 24 hours. I've had a replacement from Hull Cartridge in September 2017. Before dispatch to the RFD they chrono'd it at 11.75 ft lbs. My local gun club chrono'd it in November and it had dropped to 10.8 ft lbs. Since then it has been dropping slowly and is now at 10.2 ft lbs. Spoke to HC and they told me that they are happy for me to send it back for "tuning" but suggested some things for me to try first.

Firstly they recommended using 4.51 pellets as Weihrauch barrels are set to this size and the possible effect of using 4.52's (AA Diablo Field) could reduce the ft lbs.

Secondly they advised never to clean the barrel with a pull-through as this could damage the seals.

Thirdly, I was asked what chrono I used. I use a Combro Mk4. I was then advised to change the batteries because if they were low that might reduce the ft lbs. I changed the batteries but it made no difference.

Accuracy has been fantastic but the slow but steady power drop concerns me and I will be sending it back in due course.