Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: underpowered hw110 .177

underpowered hw110 .177

I have just got round to putting my second hand hw110 .177 through the skan and was dissapointed it doing 10.1/2ftlb,it will be used for hunting,can someone pm me how to get it to 11.1/2. i am useing exact diabolo 8.44gr,Thank you.
    rgds stubbs4612

secretagentmole Guest
    Try using JSB Exact Heavies or Daystate Heavies....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Try using JSB Exact Heavies or Daystate Heavies....
    maybe he doesn`t like their loopy trajectory??
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

What velocity are you getting?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    How much loopier really???
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

A familiar story...Sell it or send it to HC...may still be covered under Weihrauch warranty.
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    How much loopier really???
    Not much to be fair - my main hunting rifle is running around 11.5 with .177 JSB Heavies.
    Zeroed at 35yrds with reticle mapped, it works very well.

But, if I'm honest, I'd see low 10s with a medium weight pellet as a tad under power - especially for hunting with .177.

All of the above.

I maybe sticking my neck out here but a 10 ft.lbs airgun should not be used for hunting beyond 35~40 yards. The gun is under powered so needs sorting out. All those who hunt with sub 12 ft.lbs know that these should be on the higher side of 11 for hunting.

A.G

I had a 110 that was underpowered too by about the same amount .I sold it on in a px the rfd said they would send it back to hull cartridge to sort but as has been previously suggested try jsb heavies .I don't find the trajectory is much more than exacts found the heavies to give a ft lb more in my ultimate sporter .

Sorry should have read not much more than exacts

I have the same problem with my HW110, 11.14ftlb with .177, JSB Exact 4.52 and 10.99ftlb with JSB Exact heavies 4.52 very odd. I have tried 4.51 and they are even lower. I would like it doing 11.7ftlb with JSB Exact heavies which equates to around 715fps as I also only hunt. Is it only Hull Cartridge that can work on these due to their construction? Although I have been shooting air rifles for 40 years I have no experience of dismantling PCPs.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreler View Post
    I have the same problem with my HW110, 11.14ftlb with .177, JSB Exact 4.52 and 10.99ftlb with JSB Exact heavies 4.52 very odd. I have tried 4.51 and they are even lower. I would like it doing 11.7ftlb with JSB Exact heavies which equates to around 715fps as I also only hunt. Is it only Hull Cartridge that can work on these due to their construction? Although I have been shooting air rifles for 40 years I have no experience of dismantling PCPs.

Cheers, Phil
    Nothing wrong with the power. That level is fine but you need to do a full test over the fill range because it will be hotter in the middle of the fill.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreler View Post

Cheers, Phil
    It is not as simple as that I am afraid. In my K barrel of HW 100 the Heavies make much more power than the 8.44s but in my 56 cn FSB barrel they are almost at parity with the 8.44s if not a shade lower in energy. I believe the length and type of barrel and the regulator pressure has a lot to do with how pellets behave in a barrel. Have you tried the JSB Exact Express? It might surprise you.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    That's immaterial, a sub 12 rifle must be sub 12 with any & every pellet so you test various pellets for muzzle energy in the same way that you test them for accuracy rather than just chuck anything down the barrel.

Those two should give higher readings & final energy should be set with whatever's highest which may not be your everyday pellet.

Would it be grease on the hammer spring, same issue my 100 had? My 110 runs @ 11.4 ft lb. Only shot about 500 pellets through it.
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177