Thread: underpowered hw110 .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a 110 that was underpowered too by about the same amount .I sold it on in a px the rfd said they would send it back to hull cartridge to sort but as has been previously suggested try jsb heavies .I don't find the trajectory is much more than exacts found the heavies to give a ft lb more in my ultimate sporter .

Sorry should have read not much more than exacts

I have the same problem with my HW110, 11.14ftlb with .177, JSB Exact 4.52 and 10.99ftlb with JSB Exact heavies 4.52 very odd. I have tried 4.51 and they are even lower. I would like it doing 11.7ftlb with JSB Exact heavies which equates to around 715fps as I also only hunt. Is it only Hull Cartridge that can work on these due to their construction? Although I have been shooting air rifles for 40 years I have no experience of dismantling PCPs.

Cheers, Phil
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreler View Post
    I have the same problem with my HW110, 11.14ftlb with .177, JSB Exact 4.52 and 10.99ftlb with JSB Exact heavies 4.52 very odd. I have tried 4.51 and they are even lower. I would like it doing 11.7ftlb with JSB Exact heavies which equates to around 715fps as I also only hunt. Is it only Hull Cartridge that can work on these due to their construction? Although I have been shooting air rifles for 40 years I have no experience of dismantling PCPs.

Cheers, Phil
    Nothing wrong with the power. That level is fine but you need to do a full test over the fill range because it will be hotter in the middle of the fill.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreler View Post

Cheers, Phil
    It is not as simple as that I am afraid. In my K barrel of HW 100 the Heavies make much more power than the 8.44s but in my 56 cn FSB barrel they are almost at parity with the 8.44s if not a shade lower in energy. I believe the length and type of barrel and the regulator pressure has a lot to do with how pellets behave in a barrel. Have you tried the JSB Exact Express? It might surprise you.

A.G