Page 28 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPiston View Post
    Would love to make it to one of these bashes!

Its a long way for a weekend pal, but you could hire a camper, think they are called RVs in your neck of the woods, and stay a while, you would be very welcome and as long as your guns are not over 12ft Lbs you could bring them, if you could get them past customs or you could leave yours at home and shoot what the other members bring along.

Cheers Mel

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I like the idea of a twinning arrangement.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    When Steve 'says' Jamie - he 'thinks' Mel
    Not in my mind he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by simon73 View Post
    Interested in coming to the bash this October .can someone tell me how it works.do we bring our own guns .can we pay on the day.many thanks ..simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    You would be made very welcome.
    Yes bring your own guns as long as they are not fac rated, you can pay on the day but it's fairer on Mick if we pay up front so that he knows what numbers he's looking at.
    You will be able to look and use others guns too.
    We're a pretty sociable lot, in the evening/ night we get completely sociable hic!
    Hi Simon and a very warm welcome to The Fellowship of Quigley Hollow.

Exactly as Jamie says. You'll be made to feel welcome immediately and fit in straight away. It isn't a competitive event and there's no cliqueynness or elitism here. The emphasis is squarely on fun, safe relaxation and enlightenment.

Be great to see you,

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi there, Just looking at this event and wondering if it is full or places still. Also i see some are stopping at premier inn, is this very far away, would a total novice like me be welcome i am disabled but walk with sticks and would not be able to shoot prone.
    All the best Graham
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    There's no competition, most people sit at the bench. A few people drive up close to the range and it's all flat ground.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    As Dave says above Graham. Also, being a "novice" makes no difference at all. You can shoot your own guns, try other people's or just chill, chat, mingle and enjoy in a very friendly and relaxed environment. The Premier Inn is about 4 or 5 miles away in Hinkley. I guarantee you will feel welcome and not regret it.
    Hi Graham,

Again, as the chaps say above and my previous post.

You'll have a most enjoyable day / weekend, meet many of the nice, helpful people from the forum and learn lots.

Be great to meet you,

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And, if you can make it happen, you'd be most welcome, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And, if you can make it happen, you'd be most welcome, sir.
    Very kind of you, sir! I will, one of these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Its a long way for a weekend pal, but you could hire a camper, think they are called RVs in your neck of the woods, and stay a while, you would be very welcome and as long as your guns are not over 12ft Lbs you could bring them, if you could get them past customs or you could leave yours at home and shoot what the other members bring along.

Cheers Mel

Mel, I like your thinking on this! A Boinger Bash with the Brits is on the bucket list! I would come without guns and would like to bring one or two back. More research is in order for sure as to how it can be done...I look forward to hearing about your upcoming Boinger Bash!

...I look forward to hearing about your upcoming Boinger Bash!
    Rest assured, you'll be hearing much more about The Bash, both pre and post-event.

BOING!

32 little sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

The Bench - If Paradise was half as nice

The Bench is superb! Imagine railway sleepers (Mick our Host calls them 'wet boards) on waist high straw bales. On a 23 metre front, entirely undercover, so all-weather shooting, day or night, floodlit even, on occasion, with masses of freshly painted targets, out to 72 metres or so. Plus a big capacity gas BBQ with hot water. It's a kind of magic! Thanks again for all the hard work Mick & Shirl! Plus, in cool of the evening, Mick's Patent Quigley Furniss throws out enough warmth for ?50 ? folks. I must have been to at least a dozen of these, & never seen the fuel run out! I wouldn't be surprised if you could see it from outer space..... or Retford Tone. Plus sometimes, even dancing to Northern Soul.

I quite like it!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

@ Captain Bongo

Your last has filled me with an exquisite & unquenchable envy!
    ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Mel, I like your thinking on this! A Boinger Bash with the Brits is on the bucket list! I would come without guns and would like to bring one or two back. More research is in order for sure as to how it can be done...I look forward to hearing about your upcoming Boinger Bash!
    Hi Johnny. I'm sure you'd be most welcome at the Springer Bash !
    One point to note and I'm sure you're aware is that with respect to purchasing air riles here in the UK and taking them home with you is that many, especially most Theoben's have moderators which would present a problem for you back in the US.
    There are alternatives of course which come in the form of "barrel weights and finishers" but no doubt you'll be able to find a solution and the Members on here on the BBS would be more than welcome to offer the appropriate advice !
    “An airgun or two”………

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Look forward to meeting you JP, I usually take a couple of BSA Airsporters, one being my RB2 Stutzen, i'm doing up HW 35E.

I like Dave's idea of a twinning, would be fantastic if that could happen.

Cheers

Mel

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    The Bench is superb! Imagine railway sleepers (Mick our Host calls them 'wet boards) on waist high straw bales. On a 23 metre front, entirely undercover, so all-weather shooting, day or night, floodlit even, on occasion, with masses of freshly painted targets, out to 72 metres or so. Plus a big capacity gas BBQ with hot water. It's a kind of magic! Thanks again for all the hard work Mick & Shirl! Plus, in cool of the evening, Mick's Patent Quigley Furniss throws out enough warmth for ?50 ? folks. I must have been to at least a dozen of these, & never seen the fuel run out! I wouldn't be surprised if you could see it from outer space..... or Retford Tone. Plus sometimes, even dancing to Northern Soul.

I quite like it!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Inspiring words Gwyn,

I would add, waking up under canvas, having had your choice of brew and taking that very short walk from tent to poly-tunnel that seems to take an age to get to given the anticipation of pleasure of people you will meet and guns you might shoot Cannot be excelled
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22