Page 19 of 208 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    LOL I know mate, but this one is very special
    25mm Dave?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    25mm Dave?
    Always

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    [QUOTE=TonyL;7342443]So, two .177 underlevers coming PaulyBoy's way!
    The
    Excellent, my little friend.

Exactly how long is it until you retire now, Pauly? Y'know, move away from the 'Smoke, larger house in a rural area with more storage for all your toys.

BOING!![/QUOTEcon]

HW35 in .22 I think and convinced now I 'need' a Prosport in .177. My missus just told me that if TonyL says so then it's ok by her

Could be a long story on the retirement front Tone. My plan was 196 sleeps from today (not that I'm counting) but there is so much change and 'redundancies' going on, it could be sooner but, most liklier later than my plan for next March. I have my fingers crossed for sooner, let's see eh ? I would be mad to early retire in March if a Voluntary Severance package was on the cards but I'm not hanging around forever/indefinitely just for that as lucrative as it may be. I'm so wanting to just move away from the madness of London, albeit, it's given me a good living and just get out into a rural area where I can play with my guns/tinker/tune and blag a permission or two. Sorry, waffling a bit there but there's lots of things to consider which I will bore you with at The Bash.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

And, yes, you both need a '35 in your collections!
    I mentioned to my Mrs that I'd like a HW35E and told her that I quite like the look of the 22" barrel, and she said, "Oooo, that's a long one".
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Must admit that I am feeling a prosport itch. Mind you I went to buy my N Tec and came away with the K98. So we will have to see

Pete
    Pete

Oops. No, sorry, Pauly.

The .22 is more efficient. So, generally, any rifle (lighter or heavier) will be more refined in the larger calibre. And this will also, generally, be more pronounced in the lighter rifle.

Bloody hell, could go round and round in circles here but, even my totally unfettled 99S in .177, making 10.6 FT.lbs shoots very sweetly. Some might say that such a lightweight rifle won't shoot sweetly once they're approaching UK power limit levels, but they can. But, then, a .22 will be even sweeter shooting.
    I'll bring both my unfettled HW99's to the next Bash chaps, and you're welcome to shoot and compare them.
    The .22 is about 5 years old, smooth and settled, while the .177 was bought in March and feels 'snappy' in comparison

I'll check them both over the chrono too, with a variety of pellets, so we can compare power levels and consistency.

Up we go with Kronenbourg 1664 boing

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post

Must admit that I am feeling a prosport itch.

Pete
    You'll just have to buy yourself one then Pete

How is your holiday going
    ATB, Paul

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Really great thanks Paul. Costa Rica is a beautiful place. We went whale watching yesterday. Saw humpback mothers with their calves.

Pete
    Pete

[QUOTE=NewPaul;7342473]
    So, two .177 underlevers coming PaulyBoy's way!
    The
    Excellent, my little friend.

Exactly how long is it until you retire now, Pauly? Y'know, move away from the 'Smoke, larger house in a rural area with more storage for all your toys.

BOING!![/QUOTEcon]

HW35 in .22 I think and convinced now I 'need' a Prosport in .177. My missus just told me that if TonyL says so then it's ok by her

Could be a long story on the retirement front Tone. My plan was 196 sleeps from today (not that I'm counting) but there is so much change and 'redundancies' going on, it could be sooner but, most liklier later than my plan for next March. I have my fingers crossed for sooner, let's see eh ? I would be mad to early retire in March if a Voluntary Severance package was on the cards but I'm not hanging around forever/indefinitely just for that as lucrative as it may be. I'm so wanting to just move away from the madness of London, albeit, it's given me a good living and just get out into a rural area where I can play with my guns/tinker/tune and blag a permission or two. Sorry, waffling a bit there but there's lots of things to consider which I will bore you with at The Bash.
    I'm all ears, matey. And only boring people could, er, bore me. Don't think you'd ever be in any danger of falling into that category.

Hope it all works out nicely for you as planned, matey.

And great to hear that Mrs Pauly is fine with more toys.

The more the boingier!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I'll bring both my unfettled HW99's to the next Bash chaps, and you're welcome to shoot and compare them.
    The .22 is about 5 years old, smooth and settled, while the .177 was bought in March and feels 'snappy' in comparison

I'll check them both over the chrono too, with a variety of pellets, so we can compare power levels and consistency.

Up we go with Kronenbourg 1664 boing

BOING
    Excellent.

Although I have one in each of the "usual" calibres, I've never really had the chance to compare them side to side, so that'll be nice, Paul.. My .22 sports a WD kit; the .177's stock.

Really great thanks Paul. Costa Rica is a beautiful place. We went whale watching yesterday. Saw humpback mothers with their calves.

Pete
    Sounds lovely, Pete.

Great to hear you're having a fantastic time.

37 sleeps to go, peeps.

And for those lucky Thursday arrivees, it'll be just five weeks today.

So just five weeks (and a little more for some) until we can all be re-united in our Little Field of Joy and welcome new Boingerpeeps.

Setting off soon, meeting in Cheadle today.

See you later my fine Boingies!

BOING!!

Pete
    You see quite a few of these on certain "estates" in Bristol!.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    You see quite a few of these on certain "estates" in Bristol!.

Up we go folks,

First brew of the day boing......

BOING
    ATB, Paul

B&B

After my uncomfortable night's camping in September Emma and I have managed to book a twin room at the local Premier Inn (Hinckley). We're getting there on Friday and going home on Saturday evening. Incase any others are thinking of doing the same it cost £31.50 for the room and another £9 for an "all you can eat breakfast".
    I don't suppose anyone wants to buy a decent, hardly used fishing bivvy?:D
    Look forward to seeing you all soon.
    Gary.:)

Edit; Why are the emojis not working for me?