Page 142 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I bought a tatty 97 on Friday, and this afternoon I got a chance to have a play with it. On the outside its not great, wear and speckling to the bluing, dings in the wood and an inexpertly fitted adjustable butt pad.
    I opened it up to the usual sight of excessive grease, poorly finished spring and badly fitting rear guide.
    I heated and finished the spring, degreased everything, polished the piston and fitted a 8mm short stroke extension and new HW seal. A snug set of guides were made for the spring, and finally I opened the TP out to 3.9mm to improve the SCR.
    I fired a few test shots and it felt nice, but underpowered. Refinishing the spring must've taken too much out of it. Bum!
    Ran it over the chrono to be sure and.... 13.6!!! Oops! 1 1/2 coils off, refinished and 11.1 ft/lb. and when I say 11.1 I mean 11.1! I was getting variation of less than 1fps for 80% of the shots.
    Now I have a 97 that shoots superbly, but looks terrible.

The temptation is to get it blacked and buy a custom stock, but by the time I've done that I could buy a new one. The wise thing to do would be keep it as is, but what fun would that be?
    Maybe no fun, but I'd be tempted to leave the cosmetics. Like a "sleeper", beautiful shooting and accurate and something you'll not get too precious over.

One of my 77s is a Mark 1 in .22 which was given to be in '09. The chap just wanted it out of his mischievous teenage son's way. He boasted that he and his mate had fired it with loads of combustibles behind the pellets to get it to go "crack" - petrol, diesel etc.

When I stripped it I feared the worst. But this bulletproof Teutonic accuracy machine was totally perfect inside. A little polishing and a V-Mach kit and it's beautiful to shoot. In fact it's the one that you and the boys clubbed together and bought me the synthetic stock for. Many have shot it at the Bash and declare it being "very nice". And a rather nice Bash attendee received the stock as a good karma gesture.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    [/B]

Silly Billy, how would we know what's safe and what's not
    Hee hee hee!

Very funny, Little Paul.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You are very naughty boys!

But, yes, that sounds like most awesome fun.

Maybe we could combine the Barbie and the make-up idea so the young model could have various moisturising creams etc splattered all over her face!

Oh, and a "My Little Pony" for Dave.
    we are in Trumpetier territory there mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Maybe no fun, but I'd be tempted to leave the cosmetics. Like a "sleeper", beautiful shooting and accurate and something you'll not get too precious over.

One of my 77s is a Mark 1 in .22 which was given to be in '09. The chap just wanted it out of his mischievous teenage son's way. He boasted that he and his mate had fired it with loads of combustibles behind the pellets to get it to go "crack" - petrol, diesel etc.

When I stripped it I feared the worst. But this bulletproof Teutonic accuracy machine was totally perfect inside. A little polishing and a V-Mach kit and it's beautiful to shoot. In fact it's the one that you and the boys clubbed together and bought me the synthetic stock for. Many have shot it at the Bash and declare it being "very nice". And a rather nice Bash attendee received the stock as a good karma gesture.

Pah! Leave it alone?

I have the workshop to myself, the heatings on and I have plans!
    I'm going to shorten it without shortening the barrel. I just need to figure out how to get the lever tube part of the underlever off the hinge.......

I feel a thread starting......
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Maybe we could combine the Barbie and the make-up idea so the young model could have various moisturising creams etc splattered all over her face!

Ooooooohh eeerrrrrr missus!!!

Pah! Leave it alone?

I have the workshop to myself, the heatings on and I have plans!
    I'm going to shorten it without shortening the barrel. I just need to figure out how to get the lever tube part of the underlever off the hinge.......

I feel a thread starting......
    Fear not Tinbum... 'I, NewPaul can help you there'

I've removed the one on a 77 Nick.

The 14mm pipe is pressed and loctited onto a fairly short stub at the hinge end.

Easiest way for you would be to lathe the tube down round the stub then heat it to release the Loctite, or just machine the tube off --- it's 14mm OD X 10mm ID.

Next question please.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I opened the TP out to 3.9mm to improve the SCR.
    Hrm... if you'd taken it out to 4mm I'd have said you were (arguably) copying Venom.

At 3.9mm you're definitely copying Big Tony.

The 14mm pipe is pressed and loctited onto a fairly short stub at the hinge end.

Easiest way for you would be to lathe the tube down round the stub then heat it to release the Loctite, or just machine the tube off --- it's 14mm OD X 10mm ID.
    Mmm......pretty sure I've just read that somewhere else!

Pauly, I can't believe how much you have fully embraced the whole technical and engineering side of things recently!

Next question please.
    Jesus! Where'd that come from?? Who are you?? And what have you done with Pauly???

Mmm......pretty sure I've just read that somewhere else!

Pauly, I can't believe how much you have fully embraced the whole technical and engineering side of things recently!
    I'm well cool innit Tone. It must have been a sober moment at one of the Bashes that I learnt that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Jesus! Where'd that come from?? Who are you?? And what have you done with Pauly???
    We live and learn Phil, we live and learn, some of us a bit faster than others

we are in Trumpetier territory there mate
    image.jpg

We live and learn Phil, we live and learn, some of us a bit faster than others
    So now you know everything that you know, plus everything that me, Tone, and who knows who else - knows!

Next question please.
    image.jpeg

Let me guess - is it one of Mick's old posts??