Page 18 of 208 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-finger View Post
    I'm in, great to see its kind of local, no need for my broom stick. sorting payment.
    Great to see you immerse yourself so quickly Gavin. I did the same two years ago when I attended my first Bash just after joining the BBS. I promise you will love it, a great bunch of lads and lasses in tranquil surroundings, no cliquiness, no competition, a good old drink if you want it, bonfire, England's best hosts, camping or B&B, try everyone's guns, plenty of targets and.... Oh yeah, must be honest.... On the down-side, we have a certain Captain Bongo bloke who lives there most of the year ! I'll say no more as we have all had to go through that initiation
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Mmmmm, I'm thinking that way too Paul. I actually feel I have a 'full set' of air rifles that I want now and haven't bought one for a while but..... I don't have a concealed under-lever. I have heard that they have smoothed out the 'sharp edges' on the latest ones too ?
    There's probably only a couple of rifles that I would like to add to my collection, one being a Prosport and the other being a vintage HW35E in .22

I think a Prosport will arrive first as finding a HW35E that I'm happy with will be a mission

The other thing to consider is which calibre should The Prosport be ..... I'm tending to think .177 as it'll mostly be used to shoot long range targets and plinking.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    There's probably only a couple of rifles that I would like to add to my collection, one being a Prosport and the other being a vintage HW35E in .22

I think a Prosport will arrive first as finding a HW35E that I'm happy with will be a mission

The other thing to consider is which calibre should The Prosport be ..... I'm tending to think .177 as it'll mostly be used to shoot long range targets and plinking.
    Damn yeah, HW35, forgot that one, Tone says I need one so best comply at some stage soon. As for calibre, I'm pretty much strictly in the .22 camp on springers but have seen the benefits of .177 in PCPs thanks to Baldinio but....shhhh, don't tell Tone
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Up we go with a lunchtime boing

BOING
    Late afternoon.

BOING
    Nice not of bumpety boinging there, Paul.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-finger View Post
    I'm in, great to see its kind of local, no need for my broom stick. sorting payment.
    Great to see you immerse yourself so quickly Gavin. I did the same two years ago when I attended my first Bash just after joining the BBS. I promise you will love it, a great bunch of lads and lasses in tranquil surroundings, no cliquiness, no competition, a good old drink if you want it, bonfire, England's best hosts, camping or B&B, try everyone's guns, plenty of targets and.... Oh yeah, must be honest.... On the down-side, we have a certain Captain Bongo bloke who lives there most of the year ! I'll say no more as we have all had to go through that initiation
    Welcome aboard young Hawk-finger.

As Little Pauly Boy says, you're doing the right thing getting straight to The Boinger Bash. All of what PaulyBoy says is so true and I guarantee you'll have a great time and will make multiple return visits.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Mmmmm, I'm thinking that way too Paul. I actually feel I have a 'full set' of air rifles that I want now and haven't bought one for a while but..... I don't have a concealed under-lever. I have heard that they have smoothed out the 'sharp edges' on the latest ones too ?
    Although I'm far from being a Prosport expert, Pauly, I would believe it to be true regarding rounding the edges off on the cocking lever.

At the September Bash, Ray brought along a couple of newly acquired 'Sports (part of an 18 gun purchase haul the lucky cult!) and they both sported the rounded off levers. Lovely they were.

Damn yeah, HW35, forgot that one, Tone says I need one so best comply at some stage soon. As for calibre, I'm pretty much strictly in the .22 camp on springers but have seen the benefits of .177 in PCPs thanks to Baldinio but....shhhh, don't tell Tone
    Purely personal preference, but with a large, heavy gun with swept volume to spare, like a Prosport, TX, 77/97, I'd be plumping for a .177, especially if mainly for long range targets / plinking. Easily well-mannered enough.

And, yes, you both need a '35 in your collections!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Although I'm far from being a Prosport expert, Pauly, I would believe it to be true regarding rounding the edges off on the cocking lever.

At the September Bash, Ray brought along a couple of newly acquired 'Sports (part of an 18 gun purchase haul the lucky cult!) and they both sported the rounded off levers. Lovely they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Purely personal preference, but with a large, heavy gun with swept volume to spare, like a Prosport, TX, 77/97, I'd be plumping for a .177, especially if mainly for long range targets / plinking. Easily well-mannered enough.

And, yes, you both need a '35 in your collections!
    Bloody Cult, he would wouldn't he. I will deffo get a HW35 at some stage. I thought (in my extremely limited knowledge) that .22 was a much 'calmer' shoot in a springer ? So, does weight matter when it comes to preference ? Is a lighter weight, say HW95 or HW99 'better' in .177 than a heavier rifle in your opinion Tone ?

Bloody Cult, he would wouldn't he. I will deffo get a HW35 at some stage. I thought (in my extremely limited knowledge) that .22 was a much 'calmer' shoot in a springer ? So, does weight matter when it comes to preference ? Is a lighter weight, say HW95 or HW99 'better' in .177 than a heavier rifle in your opinion Tone ?
    Oops. No, sorry, Pauly.

The .22 is more efficient. So, generally, any rifle (lighter or heavier) will be more refined in the larger calibre. And this will also, generally, be more pronounced in the lighter rifles.

So, even with those heavier rifles, they will always feel a little "sweeter" in .22 / run less spring / preload to achieve the same muzzle energy / have reduced cocking effort etc etc. Some could, however, feel somewhat "lazy" though. If the need were felt, these could be further tuned to "quicken" the action up, though.

Nah, my preference was purely a personal thing saying that if it were me, and with the stated usage, I'd be going for .177, foregoing a little bit of that "sweetness" to gain higher velocity and flatter trajectory. And guns like the TX / Prosport will still be sweet to shoot in the smaller calibre.

Bloody hell, could go round and round in circles here but, even my totally unfettled 99S in .177, making 10.6 FT.lbs shoots very sweetly. Some might say that such a lightweight rifle won't shoot sweetly once they're approaching UK power limit levels, but they can. But, then, a .22 will be even sweeter shooting.

Horses for courses, matey and I have a fair few in both "chap and girlie" sizes!

That makes sense Tone, thanks for that. All my springers are in .22 so.... maybe a Prosport in .177 is in order just to keep things mixed up and leaving me with even more choices in the future, I will explain all this to Missus, I'm sure she will understand when I say "Tony told me so"

Paul, my newly acquired 77 is in .177

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Paul, my newly acquired 77 is in .177
    Like I said Bruv... First dibs. You know you need to sell it. Gay calibre just doesn't suit your style

So, two .177 underlevers coming PaulyBoy's way!

Excellent, my little friend.

Exactly how long is it until you retire now, Pauly? Y'know, move away from the 'Smoke, larger house in a rural area with more storage for all your toys.

BOING!!

Like I said Bruv... First dibs. You know you need to sell it. Gay calibre just doesn't suit your style
    LOL I know mate, but this one is very special

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    LOL I know mate, but this one is very special
    Matches its owner well