Page 108 of 208 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    you already have a HW99, let's just put a .25 barrel on that. I'll warm up the lathe........
    Kind offer, but I think that particular little rifle has had enough trauma for one life time.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    His 99 caught fire, if you remember Steve

Pete
    Your right Pete that one did indeed!
    We still never really got to the bottom of it really, the only thing we could say for sure was that delrin smells really funky and creates a lot of smoke when it gets really hot.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    As Jamie said Tony never got to the bottom of it. Just brought a whole new meaning to "running hot" 😁😁

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    You, sarcastic Phil, never and the above makes more sense, maybe Baldinios was a BSA after all as that rings a bell and it was an oldie.
    It was indeed a BSA mate, a supersport ss carbine. And I sold it because it was such a pig to load. I too have a hankering for another .25, not sure which, but not another .243 jobby as it was a pain.

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    People used to like the 'old' BSA Pylarm pellets in those. Think they were easier on the thumb than most.

If you speak to Baldinio, tell him I've not forgotten about that set-back scope mount for him - I just need to find it.
    Cheers Phil you're a true gent mate

Chris x

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    It was indeed a BSA mate, a supersport ss carbine. And I sold it because it was such a pig to load. I too have a hankering for another .25, not sure which, but not another .243 jobby as it was a pain.

Chris x
    Ahh, cheers Chris, I remember blasting crab apples with it but it was an arse to load. You've just gotta get another .25 matey, you have no choice
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I foresee a plethora of twenty fives in April!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I bet the .25's are bloody awesome for garden plinking (fruit, tins, bottles etc). Seriously tempting. I should never have joined this forum and come to the bash. I haven't got the will power for this

Edit: Nor the money!!!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post

Chris x
    But bot all BSA's have the .243" barrel. We had a sizer returned today as sized pellets dropped stright through the barrel. It was a Mercury Challenger made between 1985-87, so maybe look out for one of these.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Excuse my ignorance but what size would the barrel be on a new hw80?

So I'm now thinking how much extra elevation will I need to drop a 25 on to the bucket? 70+ yds, it's going to be some loopy trajectory.

Not from me you won't Jaimie.

I did once consider fitting a .25" lightning barrel on my BSA Mercury ratting gun, but as I was getting through about 300 pellets a night on a rat clearance job at Crazy Kevs I dismissed the idea on cost grounds.

Blimey Mick, you could go pro pesty with that sort of numbers! Dare I ask what key was doing to attract that level of attention?

So I'm now thinking how much extra elevation will I need to drop a 25 on to the bucket? 70+ yds, it's going to be some loopy trajectory.
    I was a witness to Ray (the cult) hitting the bucket with his .25 scorpion. 4 mildots at x4 mag apparently. Shooting like that got him the cult status

Please no negativity towards the new man's caliber from here on. I've done something impulsive , and typically rash of me