Page 110 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    No even stupider than that........

I've just bought a hundred quids worth of .25 pellets, one tin of every flavour I could find in the uk that's available ocd is my new tag line.
    Paul, your barred! Mel said so.

Oops, didn't answer the question, I'm ringing the sportsman in the morning to see if they have any 80,s in either Exeter or Dorchester branches.
    If they have I'm off for a drive.
    Bloody Brilliant mate that's the kind of thing I do. I bought an NV monocular ages before I bought my NV gun set up, bought a combro and targets before my first rifle. If you find the need to sell some of those pellets (even if only to get me out of Mel's little black book) I'll have some off you.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    6.35mm
    Do they do a 9.5 by any chance as I have a bag of shiny balls just sitting there
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Fear not Mike, Tony will have a word with your wife and all will be fine
    Sorted.

Full steam ahead, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I would like a rifle in .25 but it would have to be a pcp

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post

GET OUT!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Not from me you won't Jaimie.

I did once consider fitting a .25" lightning barrel on my BSA Mercury ratting gun, but as I was getting through about 300 pellets a night on a rat clearance job at Crazy Kevs I dismissed the idea on cost grounds.
    Blimey Mick, you could go pro pesty with that sort of numbers! Dare I ask what key was doing to attract that level of attention?
    Kev's place had water on three sides of the yard, (canal and two brooks) and a lot of the ground had been built up with large blocks of hardcore, which gave the little buggers a hiding place.
    The rats had burrowed 15 foot underneath the concrete floor in his feed store to get to the high protein food in it.

I went round in the daytime and ratproofed his feed store, then went back at night to commence battle, I'd never seen anything like the rat infestation Kev had --- it was bloody frightening.
    Kev had a lorry body in the yard with some old feed bags in it, I banged on the side of it and the walls started moving with the rats moving inside.

After a fortnight I'd got the rat numbers down to a level where I could lay bait down to finish the rest off.
    God I love jobs like that. Haven't had a goody for about seven years now, the one before that one mel had to help me, we were sat in a yard on folding chairs me with the r7 mel with the magazines, as fast she could load the mags I was emptying them! The rats were crossing from a maize silage clamp to a straw barn, we had hundreds literally, the worrying side was that after about five hours of carnage we went home, I came back around eight in the morning to pick up and count. There were none! That's when you know it's going to be a big job
    My agreement with Kev was that I shot them and his kids would pick them up in the morning.

One morning Kev's kids went out and found a line of dead rats lying side by side as if they'd been laid out by someone, after a bit of research it turned out that Mink sometimes do this with their kills --- Mink are still relative newcomers round here.

Awesome!

Loving these stories.

I guess many of us were introduced to our beloved boingers due to ratting needs. I've had one or two permissions years ago with a few Rolands to tackle, but never anything like as described above. I'd love it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I would like a rifle in .25 but it would have to be a girlie gun.
    Mmmmm........

I'm wiv ya there Bruv I'm sorely tempted too

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I'm wiv ya there Bruv I'm seriously not right, too.
    Not you as well, Pauly!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not you as well, Pauly!
    Time you got with it old man

Sorted.

Full steam ahead, Mike.
    Cheers mate sounds good to me. Now...what are you like at conjuring up extra gun storage

Awesome!

Loving these stories.

I guess many of us were introduced to our beloved boingers due to ratting needs. I've had one or two permissions years ago with a few Rolands to tackle, but never anything like as described above. I'd love it!
    Agreed Tone, love it. I've seen YouTube vids at rubbish tips and barns that are completely overrun by 'thousands' of the gits ! I would love that. Mind you, at my little permission the most I've had is 15 in one night but generally only get four or five over around a four hour session but.. I wouldn't give it up for the world as I truly enjoy the anticipation of a target

Awesome!

Loving these stories.

Strangely, Tone, Kev's rat problem was responsible for me joining the BBS.

Shirl never really liked me twatting about with guns, then one day she got back from visiting Kev's wife and said to me that I had to go to Kev's place and shoot the rats there.

So as it would have been rude to refuse, I grabbed an old BSA Mercury I had and went to Kev's.

Now the Mercury having a 5.6mm bore was fed a diet of new Wasps (spit) and was accurate enough for close range ratting work, but the pellets I really wanted to use on rats were Hobbies, which didn't suite the Merc.
    Now the only other full power break barrel I owned back then was a HW35 with porous cylinder, so I joined the BBS just to buy a new cylinder and I've been here ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Cheers mate sounds good to me. Now...what are you like at conjuring up extra gun storage
    I will volunteer to 'look after' them for you mate

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Haha!

Easy peasy that, Mike. Get yourself a nice, large wooden wardrobe. Y'know, one that's nice enough to be regarded as a nice piece of furniture. Maybe a few little tweaks inside it, if you like, like shelves, spacers etc. Make it secure....sorted.

Until you go and fill it up (like I did). A few months ago the Mrs fetched me some double gun hard cases - I can squeeze three unscoped rifles in each.

More storage required soon, methinks. The little Gamo that I got a few months ago has no safe home and if that little Supersport arrives soon, that'll be two requiring homes.......

Oh, and your good lady says the wardrobe idea's fine.