Page 113 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    And the good old gunroom come up with the goodies again!!!
    Hw80 wait of 12 weeks

Bsa apparently have not produced a .25 in 2 years

So how would I like a mint second hand 97k in .25!!!! In walnut, and at a very good price because they've missed me (my money) Oh happy days
    Picking it up in the morning, took some resolve not to go straight up now.
    Nice one Jamie

I went to my range today with my HW80 .25. Having cleaned through the barrel and tightening up the stock screws it is shooting very well indeed. Zeroed up at 25yds and it was easily doing clover leaf groups. I'm really pleased with it. On my way home from the range I popped into my permission to see what it does to a rat but there were none to be seen. However, I did come across a feral pigeon and that definitely didn't like it up him.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

How often have you heard of one in .25 either ? this must have been a long wait for a special order, OR I will get there tomorrow and it will be beech and a 177
    I've never heard of one mate - but then I've never looked for one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I've never heard of one mate - but then I've never looked for one either.
    Your missing a trick! All them wild boar just up the road from you in the forest, .25 should knock em sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Nice one Jamie

I went to my range today with my HW80 .25. Having cleaned through the barrel and tightening up the stock screws it is shooting very well indeed. Zeroed up at 25yds and it was easily doing clover leaf groups. I'm really pleased with it. On my way home from the range I popped into my permission to see what it does to a rat but there were none to be seen. However, I did come across a feral pigeon and that definitely didn't like it up him.
    Nice one Paul.
    Have you tried just the one type of pellet?
    I'm picking up another two flavours tomorrow, plus the eight turning up via courier tomorrow as well.
    Not much work is going to get done the next few days. Well bar going to try and catch up with the roe deer job down truro, they've had the maize to lay up in all summer, but now it's woods for them.

Nice one Paul.
    Have you tried just the one type of pellet?
    I'm picking up another two flavours tomorrow, plus the eight turning up via courier tomorrow as well.
    Not much work is going to get done the next few days. Well bar going to try and catch up with the roe deer job down truro, they've had the maize to lay up in all summer, but now it's woods for them.
    I've only tried the H&N's mate, they are one of the lightest barring BSA Pylarms. Funny enough, there was a couple of old part used tins of .25 in a drawer at my range today and one of them were Pylarms. The pellets were pretty black and oxidised so I couldn't bring myself to put them through my lovely clean barrel. I'm not sure I could do a lot better than the H&N's but then.... I've said that with other pellets in different guns and still managed to find a pellet that does actually shoot more accurately so at some stage I will do a bit of testing.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I've only tried the H&N's mate, they are one of the lightest barring BSA Pylarms. Funny enough, there was a couple of old part used tins of .25 in a drawer at my range today and one of them were Pylarms. The pellets were pretty black and oxidised so I couldn't bring myself to put them through my lovely clean barrel. I'm not sure I could do a lot better than the H&N's but then.... I've said that with other pellets in different guns and still managed to find a pellet that does actually shoot more accurately so at some stage I will do a bit of testing.
    I will package up some from each tin and send them for you to experiment.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Paul, I tried a good few .25 pellets in my sub 12 80 Quarterbore and the F&TT's came out the best for accuracy and grouping. Some were too heavy being more suited to FAC power levels. Also being a tads lighter, they wearn't as "loopy" as the heavier pellets a point worth remembering when using them in Sub 12's.
    I still use them !
    “An airgun or two”………

Cheers Jamie, very kind of you

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Paul, I tried a good few .25 pellets in my sub 12 80 Quarterbore and the F&TT's came out the best for accuracy and grouping. Some were too heavy being more suited to FAC power levels. Also being a tads lighter, they wearn't as "loopy" as the heavier pellets a point worth remembering when using them in Sub 12's.
    I still use them !
    That's very useful information thanks John. I particularly went for the FTT's due to their relatively light weight. As mentioned above, the only lighter ones I've seen are BSA Pylarms and they are cheaper too.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I know that Sub 12 ft lb .25 Cal. springers aren't everyone's cup of tea but I rate them especially when locating those big pellets into the breech with my poor eyesight and besides that, they don't half Wopp those spinners around down at the Hollow !
    “An airgun or two”………

That's very useful information thanks John. I particularly went for the FTT's due to their relatively light weight.
    Why's that Paul --- can't you pick the heavier pellets up ?

And the good old gunroom come up with the goodies again!!!
    Hw80 wait of 12 weeks

Bsa apparently have not produced a .25 in 2 years

So how would I like a mint second hand 97k in .25!!!! In walnut, and at a very good price because they've missed me (my money) Oh happy days
    Picking it up in the morning, took some resolve not to go straight up now.
    How often have you heard of one in .25 either ? this must have been a long wait for a special order, OR I will get there tomorrow and it will be beech and a 177
    I hope that '97 is as expected and all you would like it to be, Jamie.

And what a lovely gesture re sending those big, heavy pellets to our PaulyBoy. How many couriers are geared up for the more heavyweight loads?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Its looking like some xmas money could be coming my way. Just have to figure out which air rifle to donate it too. I'm torn between a .22 HW80 or a .177 HW98.

Nice one Jamie

Excellent, Pauly.

So, not PaulyBoy's "bird on a pole" but a bird well and truly poleaxed?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Its looking like some xmas money could be coming my way. Just have to figure out which air rifle to donate it too. I'm torn between a .22 HW80 or a .177 HW98.
    Oh dear, that's a toughie, Mike.

In cases such as this the "sod it, get 'em both" approach must surely apply.

Would you like me to make the call and fix it for you?