Page 115 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They're like Pokemon, gotta get em all!
    I wish I could lol. May need to get another job or start selling my body

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Mmmm informal targets definitely .22, shoots nicer. Competitive targets, I guess .177
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    No the 98 is fine in. 177, more so with a short stroke kit

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It is confusing for sure lol.The thing is I want a couple that I can use if I join a local club (probably HFT) so the 98 in .177 is ideal for that along with the TX200 I've got. Its great to get all your opinions on these calibres and rifles though because you're all more experienced in club shooting, field/hunting etc as my shooting years have mainly been plinking based. Having had to give up golf due to osteoarthritis in my lower back a couple of years ago shooting is now the hobby I want to pursue. Thanks again chaps!!
    Personally, I'd go .177.

It is true that the firing cycle of the .22 in most given guns and all else being equal will be that little bit sweeter, mainly due to less spring force required and less surge. But, with a quality, heavier weight rifle with lighter internals - 98, 77/97, TX, LGV and LGU (amongst others), the cycle is easily nice enough and you benefit from higher fps, flatter trajectory and cheaper pellet prices.

Also, as Tinners says.....get 'em all!

Sorry to hear about your condition, Mike. But at least it's pushed you into the direction of the finest hobby in the World.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Did it go your way Tone ? If so, which pistol and how did you get on ?
    Yay!

It certainly did, Pauly.

I enjoyed a most pleasurable hour and a half with the little HW70 that I purchased from my good friend Captain Bongo a couple of years ago, Dead easy to shoot accurately and sweet trigger. It kinda smacks of being the pistol version of that other little gem, the HW30.

It was bitter outside and I didn't have the heart to throw the cats out. So I sorta reversed the layout, shooting from the hall into the kitchen. Sat next to a contented Brembo who happily snoozed away as her dad was close by.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    So the Cult likes Pokémon?

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It is confusing for sure lol.The thing is I want a couple that I can use if I join a local club (probably HFT) so the 98 in .177 is ideal for that along with the TX200 I've got. Its great to get all your opinions on these calibres and rifles though because you're all more experienced in club shooting, field/hunting etc as my shooting years have mainly been plinking based. Having had to give up golf due to osteoarthritis in my lower back a couple of years ago shooting is now the hobby I want to pursue. Thanks again chaps!!
    That's one of the good things about the bash. You can try all sorts of rifles and calibers before you decide to buy anything. And it gives you until April to save your pennies

Pete
    Pete

I'll probably have a .177 cal 98, or a 98-ish, or a 98 stock - for sale at the next bash, because I bought a Ginb 95/98 FT stock last night.

(at great expense ).

The jury's still out on whether the factory '98 shrouded barrel is too heavy. Depends what stock it's in I suppose...

OK I will start this post with a nod to Phil to say yes you can now say" told you so"! It is in beech .
    So I get up there and the first thing I hear on walking through the door is Jamie there's a problem! I can see to 97 waiting on the counter and immediately spot it's beech. So I reply with I knew lot would not be able to tell beech from Walnut.
    Nope that's not the issue, the gun was part of a 20 gun collection brought in by a guy the day before. While they were sorting through them last evening they realised there was another .25
    There is also a bsa lightning with a rather nice blond stock with a tidy little scope, Bugger!
    So John the owner says let's play with them both on the indoor range and see which you prefer.
    Well the guy certainly liked his lube! The dieseling was incredible, however they both shot way better than I expected, and umm far quicker shall we say
    John says you made your mind up?
    He knows me to well and already knew the answer......
    Yes please!
    So having toyed with the idea if a .25 many times over the years and shelved it, I now own two.
    Stopped for a very nice pint of poachers choice in a pub on Dartmoor on the way back.
    Now sat here in front of the fire, two new guns propped up against the book cabinet for my admiration and a bottle of poachers choice from Tesco's.
    What a beauty of a day off.

I like the shrouded barrel. The weight makes cocking very easy

Pete
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    OK I will start this post with a nod to Phil to say yes you can now say" told you so"! It is in beech .
    So I get up there and the first thing I hear on walking through the door is Jamie there's a problem! I can see to 97 waiting on the counter and immediately spot it's beech. So I reply with I knew lot would not be able to tell beech from Walnut.
    Nope that's not the issue, the gun was part of a 20 gun collection brought in by a guy the day before. While they were sorting through them last evening they realised there was another .25
    There is also a bsa lightning with a rather nice blond stock with a tidy little scope, Bugger!
    So John the owner says let's play with them both on the indoor range and see which you prefer.
    Well the guy certainly liked his lube! The dieseling was incredible, however they both shot way better than I expected, and umm far quicker shall we say
    Yes please!
    So having toyed with the idea if a .25 many times over the years and shelved it, I now own two.
    Stopped for a very nice pint of poachers choice in a pub on Dartmoor on the way back.
    Now sat here in front of the fire, two new guns propped up against the book cabinet for my admiration and a bottle of poachers choice from Tesco's.
    That's Devon for you!

Does the Lightning have the venturi screw in the top of the TP?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

That's Devon for you!

Does the Lightning have the venturi screw in the top of the TP?
    Umm, that'll be pass

Umm, that'll be pass

Ickle screw on the top behind where the barrel lock up is.

Well now you put it like that, if you break the gun and look down on the breach from above, directly below the bar the cocking latch goes under there is a what looks to be a Philips screw?

Well now you put it like that, if you break the gun and look down on the breach from above, directly below the bar the cocking latch goes under there is a what looks to be a Philips screw?
    Nah, it's a ringer.

Nah, it's a ringer.
    Doh!

Yes please!
    Beech? You're lucky it wasn't plastic.

So, two of 'em!? You're twice as daft as I thought.

Best thing to do with a .25 is try to sell it to Nick for the same as what you paid.