Page 118 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    but.. that is a terrible price to pay
    Indeed

Nice one, Steve.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Indeed
    It's OK, I've already applied to the court for a removal order!
    We submit one four times a year now, it cuts down the time by a few weeks!
    Only joking Steve, you know we all love ya.
    Last edited by Mole trapper; 01-12-2017 at 06:51 PM. Reason: my stupidity

Help required from The Boingerpeeps........

I have a little bit of a dilemma......

My beloved asked what I'd like for Christmas. Budget is limited, so another shiny new HW isn't in the picture.

A few options.......

As most of my shooting is conducted at close range, at home, a pistol often makes sense....low power and more challenging. For some reason, the Crosman Vigilante keeps screaming at me....supposedly very accurate and not daft money. Looks cool (in the pictures; I've never seen one in the flesh). But I really do prefer my guns self-contained and with a nice spring in there.....

I've also been thinking about the little Baikal (is it the IZH53?) - a little austere but, supposedly, very accurate.

But then that little voice in my head keeps screaming at me, "Buy that Airsporter Mark II of Mel's!". I've picked it up and fondled it a few times at Bash events and, so far, resisted its classic charms. The stock has a split (but repaired) and the foresight blade is missing. It's a lovely classic and one that really needs adding to the collection. But what if there's anything else needs doing internally? I currently have at least four rifles that could do with some fettling time being allocated, but time is at a premium. And I might also be getting the Supersport that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. So that might make two BSAs, both in need of work.

Mmm....timeless, classic sporting rifle that keeps tugging at the heart strings?

Or new pistol? And then CO2 for dead easy use and giggle factor, but not self-contained?

Or new boingy pistol?

Storage space also much easier for the pistol option.

C'mon, help please, peeps.....this is doing my head in!

Of course, a mint, used .177 HW45 for about £100 would be the perfect (for me) solution, as a companion to the .22, but that isn't going to happen.

And I already have the HW40 and 70.

Views and opinions gratefully accepted from my special Boingering friends.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have a little bit of a dilemma......

My beloved asked what I'd like for Christmas. Budget is limited, so another shiny new HW isn't in the picture.

A few options.......

As most of my shooting is conducted at close range, at home, a pistol often makes sense....low power and more challenging. For some reason, the Crosman Vigilante keeps screaming at me....supposedly very accurate and not daft money. Looks cool (in the pictures; I've never seen one in the flesh). But I really do prefer my guns self-contained and with a nice spring in there.....

I've also been thinking about the little Baikal (is it the IZH53?) - a little austere but, supposedly, very accurate.

But then that little voice in my head keeps screaming at me, "Buy that Airsporter Mark II of Mel's!". I've picked it up and fondled it a few times at Bash events and, so far, resisted its classic charms. The stock has a split (but repaired) and the foresight blade is missing. It's a lovely classic and one that really needs adding to the collection. But what if there's anything else needs doing internally? I currently have at least four rifles that could do with some fettling time being allocated, but time is at a premium. And I might also be getting the Supersport that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. So that might make two BSAs, both in need of work.

Mmm....timeless, classic sporting rifle that keeps tugging at the heart strings?

Or new pistol? And then CO2 for dead easy use and giggle factor, but not self-contained?

Or new boingy pistol?

Storage space also much easier for the pistol option.

C'mon, help please, peeps.....this is doing my head in!

Of course, a mint, used .177 HW45 for about £100 would be the perfect (for me) solution, as a companion to the .22, but that isn't going to happen.

And I already have the HW40 and 70.

Views and opinions gratefully accepted from my special Boingering friends.
    Mike HW45 owes you a few 'favours' now matey, ask him to ring your Missus

Sorry Tone, not much help but I reckon others will come up with some answers (some not so helpful too I'd wager)

A pistol is sounding preferable so far though.

Ooh P.S, there's a couple of CP88's and a nice model 5 in Sales right now.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 01-12-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: P.S added
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Buy the BSA, you know it makes sense

Pete
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The Baikal does look interesting. Get one so I can have a play with it!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Hey lads,
    I know Paul SE has gone missing in action but has anyone heard anything of Rhyslightnin?

Pete
    Pete

Anyone selling a CO2 pistol ?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Couple of CP 88 's in Sales mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hey lads,
    I know Paul SE has gone missing in action but has anyone heard anything of Rhyslightnin?

Pete
    'Ere Pete, Paul SE is on sales trying to off a pistol.

How are you faring with your Superstar mate?

All the best, Ted.

I can't say my first thought (get a tent and stay a weekend at the bash) +&%$#@ tourettes again!
    What about one of the lower powered golden oldies that have been turning up recently, who had an original 27 going the other day?
    Webley hawk mk3 "I'm biased on that one

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Mike HW45 owes you a few 'favours' now matey, ask him to ring your Missus

Sorry Tone, not much help but I reckon others will come up with some answers (some not so helpful too I'd wager)

A pistol is sounding preferable so far though.

Ooh P.S, there's a couple of CP88's and a nice model 5 in Sales right now.
    I've called her and shes fine with that, no problem

Out of the choices I reckon a C02 pistol would be a great option. I've had a cp88 and have a cp99 which I've had 15 years and still going strong. Another fantastic little pistol on a budget if you can find one is a Benjamin Sheridan. I have one in .20 and its fantastic. Great accuracy and consistency and puts out around 5.5 ft lb

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Got a pristine condition Dan Wesson 2.5" barrel Co2 BB revolver in nickel listed in the sales section with six spare cartridge shells, and secure signed for post for £125 if that is any good?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    'Ere Pete, Paul SE is on sales trying to off a pistol.

How are you faring with your Superstar mate?

All the best, Ted.
    HI Ted
    The Superstar is good. Running at 10.5 with Premiers. Going to take it to lea valley tomorrow

Pete
    Pete