Page 120 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    As the weather was completely pants this morning I decided to go Christmas shopping for the boss, that sorted easier than I'd expected raced home to zero/try the first of the .25,s.
    The weather was still persisting down but suffering a bit of cabin fever I thought sod it.
    Half hour im pissed wet through and run out-of elevation at 25 yds, the pellets still three feet low but centred nicely. Pretty close to spitting my dummy out I look at the rifle thinking a bloody lemon,oh. the front mount is floating above the rail completely, not worked loose, the Muppet who sold it had done it up completely thinking it was in the grooves
    Probably sold the collection of rifles because he couldn't hit anything with them.
    Anyway, now roughly zeroed, not a pleasant trigger on the lightening, I will definitely be speaking to wonky or Tony wall to get it sorted.
    The barrel is definitely a loose fit with the flavours tried so far, I guess that answers Chris,s question about which barrel. I will have to ask Steve to make a pellet sizer that makes the pellets bigger, not smaller.
    Maybe the previous owner had switched scopes when he decided to sell, Jamie, and in haste overlooked the wayward mount?

Glad you're getting there, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Mike HW45 owes you a few 'favours' now matey, ask him to ring your Missus

Sorry Tone, not much help but I reckon others will come up with some answers (some not so helpful too I'd wager)

A pistol is sounding preferable so far though.

Ooh P.S, there's a couple of CP88's and a nice model 5 in Sales right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I've called her and shes fine with that, no problem

Out of the choices I reckon a C02 pistol would be a great option. I've had a cp88 and have a cp99 which I've had 15 years and still going strong. Another fantastic little pistol on a budget if you can find one is a Benjamin Sheridan. I have one in .20 and its fantastic. Great accuracy and consistency and puts out around 5.5 ft lb
    Yep, peeps, the phone call helped to "cement" the deal. She even keeps asking if I've ordered it yet!

I think the pistol option is certainly the way to go, as I have far more rifles than pistols, so this will help redress the balance a little. Plus the aforementioned main usage, ie short range at home, more of a challenge thingy...

CP88.... Tried a couple years ago, Pauly. The first was quite accurate. The second (given to me in 2010) was bloody awful. It was a hardly used example and even at four or five yards the thing just refused to group. Tried it with a variety of pellets and it was hopeless. Chopped it in for my HW40, which I love.

I quite like the "cheap, underdog" Crosman image. I have a 1377 plus another 1377 which I mini-carbined years ago....steel breech, shoulder stock and scope and that thing is superbly accurate.

Two Ratbusters, too. Same as above, one standard, one mini-carbined.

I feel that the Vigilante is sufficiently different to all my others. Yes, I have a multi-shot pistol, the Umarex Walther PPK/S, but with it being a BB gun, tricky to use at home for its true intended purpose. As I mentioned before, many of the online reviews indicate that the Vigilante is very accurate, being described as a "tack driver" by some of them. So, cheap, funky looking, accurate and the multi-shot fun factor, too.

Plus, as a Christmas prezzie, unwrapping a virgin new gun will feel more festive and special.

Think it's gonna be the one.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Good choice for all the reasons you state above Tone. Can't beat a new 'un
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Buy the BSA, you know it makes sense

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hey lads,
    I know Paul SE has gone missing in action but has anyone heard anything of Rhyslightnin?

Pete
    I really like the idea of the older Airsporter, Pete, and the fact that it would help out Mel a little too appeals.

But 'er indoors says it ought to be new, with it being a prezzie, and I sorta have to agree. Plus the aforementioned rifles vs pistols imbalance, short range use, lack of tinkering time etc....

The Vigilante will, hopefully, be get it out, shoot it and leave bog standard.

I think Rhys has been on recently. I see to remember that he's moved home recently and is working his knackers off sorting that. Poor lad.

And he recently acquired that Boinger that he'd been teasing himself with for some time.

Sounds like that Christmas shopping was done Far too quickly Jamie, you'll be in trouble I reckon

I've actually 'floated' a scope mount before, easy done with aging eyes and dim lights buts it's good you spotted it quickly

Mmm, 'loose fits', how many flavours did you try ?

I've put 200 'big un's' through mine now. Had a few hours at my range and I am very, very pleased with it, it is extremely accurate and not twangy at all. I did chrono it today too

Now, get back out to that shop and get all those things you forgot to get in your haste to get back home and play
    Today was supposed to be the last of the stocking fillers, it ended up waaaaaaay more than that! I could have treated myself to a very nice pcp instead?
    I'm expecting to have a very happy Christmas with more than a few happy endings.

Good choice for all the reasons you state above Tone. Can't beat a new 'un
    Cheers LittlePauly, I think it's going to be the way to go.

Did you manage to visit your range or permission today, matey?

Today was supposed to be the last of the stocking fillers, it ended up waaaaaaay more than that! I could have treated myself to a very nice pcp instead?
    I'm expecting to have a very happy Christmas with more than a few happy endings.
    May your endings be many and your festive season a very happy one, Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers LittlePauly, I think it's going to be the way to go.

Did you manage to visit your range or permission today, matey?
    Post #1785 on this page matey (assuming you are still on the same page as me)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Half hour im pissed wet through and run out-of elevation at 25 yds, the pellets still three feet low but centred nicely. Pretty close to spitting my dummy out I look at the rifle thinking a bloody lemon,oh. the front mount is floating above the rail completely, not worked loose, the Muppet who sold it had done it up completely thinking it was in the grooves

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Your damned right there Mick, for both my ineptitude and his

I've put 200 'big un's' through mine now. Had a few hours at my range and I am very, very pleased with it, it is extremely accurate and not twangy at all. I did chrono it today too

:
    Post #1785 on this page matey (assuming you are still on the same page as me)
    Ah, well, Pauly, I DID see that post earlier, but wasn't really sure if those 200 big slugs winging their way down the range were on a previous session or a total. And wasn't sure if you had a chrono at home, or only use of one down at the range? That'll answer that one, then....numpty me!

Ah, the page thing.......y'know, I did try it on the more posts per page format for a few days but think I actually prefer it in default mode, so switched back.

Will you be going vermin busting tomorrow?

P.S....Just checked.....Page 120 now!
    Last edited by TonyL; 02-12-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, well, Pauly, I DID see that post earlier, but wasn't really sure if those 200 big slugs winging their way down the range were on a previous session or a total. And wasn't sure if you had a chrono at home, or only use of one down at the range? That'll answer that one, then....numpty me!

Ah, the page thing.......y'know, I did try it on the more posts per page format for a few days but think I actually prefer it in default mode, so switched back.

Will you be going vermin busting tomorrow?

P.S....Just checked.....Page 120 now!
    Oh yeah, apologies Tone, 200 pellets in total, finished my first tin at the range today. I've had a Combro since my first rifle purchase, I've also bought one of those small Polish jobbies which I haven't used yet and we also have one of those at the Club.

As for the pages, yeah, stick to what you like best I say

I probably will go to the permission tomorrow matey, maybe during the day for corvids, pigeons and Squirrells (squirrel numbers seem to be growing) or I may go for a night ratting session but to be honest, I've bashed the rats so much over the past... ?? Blimey, I reckon it's a year or more now that there are not the sort of numbers I used to see over there, good for the owner but not for me

Sounds like everyone's having fun with guns I've had the new '77 out today for some plinking action and well impressed with the accuracy and destructive fun with the .22's. Today I've also listed my unused kayak on the bay that's not to be mentioned which should hopefully take around £250. No prizes for guessing what that's going to put towards!!! Something HW or AA I reckon

Oh yeah, apologies Tone, 200 pellets in total, finished my first tin at the range today. I've had a Combro since my first rifle purchase, I've also bought one of those small Polish jobbies which I haven't used yet and we also have one of those at the Club.

As for the pages, yeah, stick to what you like best I say

I probably will go to the permission tomorrow matey, maybe during the day for corvids, pigeons and Squirrells (squirrel numbers seem to be growing) or I may go for a night ratting session but to be honest, I've bashed the rats so much over the past... ?? Blimey, I reckon it's a year or more now that there are not the sort of numbers I used to see over there, good for the owner but not for me
    Over a year? Jeez, Pauly, that hasn't half flown by! Amazing how time does indeed fly by when you're having fun. And fun you will undoubtedly be having, my friend!

Yep, maybe a day time jobbie tomorrow and them there bloody Rolands will, no doubt, be marching back towards any buildings as Winter sets in.

Keep hammering them, Pauly!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like everyone's having fun with guns I've had the new '77 out today for some plinking action and well impressed with the accuracy and destructive fun with the .22's. Today I've also listed my unused kayak on the bay that's not to be mentioned which should hopefully take around £250. No prizes for guessing what that's going to put towards!!! Something HW or AA I reckon
    Nice one, Mike.