Page 121 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like everyone's having fun with guns I've had the new '77 out today for some plinking action and well impressed with the accuracy and destructive fun with the .22's. Today I've also listed my unused kayak on the bay that's not to be mentioned which should hopefully take around £250. No prizes for guessing what that's going to put towards!!! Something HW or AA I reckon
    Glad you're enjoying the '77 Mike, I love mine but... like a lot of us on here, we have more than enough rifles that some now get seldom used. You wouldn't remember but, when I joined here just over 2 years ago with my first rifle (HW77K), my signature was "Why would you need more than one rifle ?" and at that time, I honestly, genuinely meant it. You've only got to look at my signature now to know the direction you too are heading
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    As the weather was completely pants this morning I decided to go Christmas shopping for the boss, that sorted easier than I'd expected raced home to zero/try the first of the .25,s.
    The weather was still persisting down but suffering a bit of cabin fever I thought sod it.
    Half hour im pissed wet through and run out-of elevation at 25 yds, the pellets still three feet low but centred nicely. Pretty close to spitting my dummy out I look at the rifle thinking a bloody lemon,oh. the front mount is floating above the rail completely, not worked loose, the Muppet who sold it had done it up completely thinking it was in the grooves
    Probably sold the collection of rifles because he couldn't hit anything with them.
    Anyway, now roughly zeroed, not a pleasant trigger on the lightening, I will definitely be speaking to wonky or Tony wall to get it sorted.
    The barrel is definitely a loose fit with the flavours tried so far, I guess that answers Chris,s question about which barrel. I will have to ask Steve to make a pellet sizer that makes the pellets bigger, not smaller.
    just give the face of the pellet a light tap with a 5lb hammer Jamie, that will increase the head size mate

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Over a year? Jeez, Pauly, that hasn't half flown by! Amazing how time does indeed fly by when you're having fun. And fun you will undoubtedly be having, my friend!

Yep, maybe a day time jobbie tomorrow and them there bloody Rolands will, no doubt, be marching back towards any buildings as Winter sets in.

Keep hammering them, Pauly!
    I'm just thinking Tone ?? I'm not sure but it certainly was cold, wet, patchy grass when I first went there so gotta be a year now, I remember saying on here that I'd got it in one of The Bash threads, I'll see if I can find it.

I keep a tally of 'confirmed' kills (rats I've retrieved or can clearly see are dead) and I'm up to 130 odd so not bad and as you say, they will creep back gradually.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Glad you're enjoying the '77 Mike, I love mine but... like a lot of us on here, we have more than enough rifles that some now get seldom used. You wouldn't remember but, when I joined here just over 2 years ago with my first rifle (HW77K), my signature was "Why would you need more than one rifle ?" and at that time, I honestly, genuinely meant it. You've only got to look at my signature now to know the direction you too are heading
    How so very true, Pauly.

And Mike is, or will be, suitably infected, too!

However, the truth of the matter is that we all only really need one rifle. That one perfect rifle that you get to know so intimately and know every little nuance and wrinkle inside-out. That rifle that becomes a part of you. That man and rifle combination that simply can't miss.

That's what we really did ought to do.....but where's the fun in that?

Now, unless we're shooting two or more disciplines requiring totally different equipment.....like FT gun vs field rifle......

I've got loads of 'em, far, far too many.....that's why I'm a crap shot!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I've had airguns since I was around 14 but now I've accepted that my back wont allow me to do stuff like play golf and use the kayak etc I've really found the true fun factor of collecting and shooting them, not to mention the social side of it. "Why would you need more that one rifle ?" is definitely a question that's easy to answer. Especially now you've picked up a .25. All the different guns, calibres, power sources etc available make it bloody hard to resist temptation.

I'm just thinking Tone ?? I'm not sure but it certainly was cold, wet, patchy grass when I first went there so gotta be a year now, I remember saying on here that I'd got it in one of The Bash threads, I'll see if I can find it.

I keep a tally of 'confirmed' kills (rats I've retrieved or can clearly see are dead) and I'm up to 130 odd so not bad and as you say, they will creep back gradually.
    130+? Good man.

And I hope that increases by bucketloads for you when you get some of those quarter inch missiles lobbed at them!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I've had airguns since I was around 14 but now I've accepted that my back wont allow me to do stuff like play golf and use the kayak etc I've really found the true fun factor of collecting and shooting them, not to mention the social side of it. "Why would you need more that one rifle ?" is definitely a question that's easy to answer. Especially now you've picked up a .25. All the different guns, calibres, power sources etc available make it bloody hard to resist temptation.

Hee hee hee.....that's you well and truly doomed then, Mike!

Er, sorry, I meant to say, "That's the spirit!".

I am doomed, especially with my addictive nature when it comes to hobbies and things. I was about to say it must be a bloke thing having shed loads of what is basically the same thing but ive just remembered how many pairs of shoes my other half has lol

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I am doomed, especially with my addictive nature when it comes to hobbies and things. I was about to say it must be a bloke thing having shed loads of what is basically the same thing but ive just remembered how many pairs of shoes my other half has lol
    I am informed that shoes and handbags are necessities . At least a few dozen of each are required

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I am informed that shoes and handbags are necessities . At least a few dozen of each are required

Pete
    Similar to rifles and pistols then

Yep, always keep that in mind Mike!
    Mel completely "gets" my ocd thing, so I'm lucky BUT! If she ever forgot I have loads of mental ammunition stored away, her fly tying stuff, nail stuff etc etc,

Have you done any more thinking on the stash under the floorboards mate ?

Have you done any more thinking on the stash under the floorboards mate ?
    I had a measure up yesterday but unfortunately the depth of the joists isn't really enough for the gun cases etc. It did inspire me to start constructing though so yesterday afternoon and evening I began building a secure gun cupboard in the spare room. I'm going to line it all in 18mm ply before plaster boarding and plastering it, and I've fitted a 2'6" door lining which is going to have a half hour heavy weight lockable fire door fitted. Cheers for the inspiration mate, made me get my arse into gear

I had a measure up yesterday but unfortunately the depth of the joists isn't really enough for the gun cases etc. It did inspire me to start constructing though so yesterday afternoon and evening I began building a secure gun cupboard in the spare room. I'm going to line it all in 18mm ply before plaster boarding and plastering it, and I've fitted a 2'6" door lining which is going to have a half hour heavy weight lockable fire door fitted. Cheers for the inspiration mate, made me get my arse into gear
    Excellent Mike, let us know how you get on. The other thing I thought about, if you were in a modern house, is to build a 'false' chimney breast which you could access and store stuff in

Excellent Mike, let us know how you get on. The other thing I thought about, if you were in a modern house, is to build a 'false' chimney breast which you could access and store stuff in
    We're in a sixties house with solid chimney breast unfortunately. A great idea though. I may have to think about adding that to the work that I carry out because I already build and Venetian plaster false fireplaces for a local company. Building it in the form of a secure gun storage space wouldn't take too much adjustment and would create a great new challenge!!