Page 129 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a very early Premier, blued steel like the Senior but with a better trigger. It is possibly 85% the size of my Tempest, but 120% times the weight. Imagine that, go on, just imagine it..
    Yes, smashing pistols the old Webleys, Tinbum, and weighty for their handy size. I'm privileged to own my Dad's Mk1 pistol + orig box + .177" & .22" barrels, which I've done a service on.

He bought it early 50's off a mate in the Army with him. I brought it to the last Bash. In good condn overall.

When I was a lad, I nicked it briefly for a sly shoot. He surprised me in the garden, I tossed it on the compost heap but wasn't quick enough. I deserved the slap round the face!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    My RFD has a mint second hand FWB 65 Tone, I even considered it myself but... £325 for a pistol is a bit stiff
    Bleedin' 'eck Paul. Mind you, said shop ain't known as discount cheap is it, although I've happily bought / sold there several times.

A few mths ago I gave a good mate of mine in Lincs my FWB 80 pistol. He won't sell it (he might now!) and it couldn't reside with a nicer, more deserving bloke, and I can still shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    30 rifles???? Blimey I don't know if i'd have room for that lot lol. Although saying that I popped into CH Weston to have a look at the 98 again this week and there was a rather beautiful used 1 year old immaculate AA S510 in Walnut. Somehow I ended up walking out with it. There is now a padlock on the wallet and looking for a therapist that can help reduce inner temptation when browsing these shops
    Time then to follow Pauly's example, as I did not log after joining up, and list all yours on your signature. Helps us all keep track of you!

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Yesterday I had a very pleasant afternoon with the Paul Short 97 - which having been upgraded to the titanium piston etc is my favourite springer by some margin. I set out the garden range witht he zero target out at 63 yards and just over half a tin of pellets later I was a happy man

Might do the same again later on

HW97 - full Paul Short titanium piston internals and CS stock https://imgur.com/gallery/o99az

The back garden range - 63 yards out to the zero target. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZR6xC

Zero target. The 15mm spinner above the target took some real hammer from the Paul Short 97 at 63 yards https://imgur.com/gallery/hntwA

A good afternoon - over half a tin of pellets gone up the range https://imgur.com/gallery/Ddvrg
    Smashing looking 97 Neil. Has the edge over mine (also CS700'd) not just in terms of tune, but I see trigger guard, stock screws & cocking aid, sets yours off very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Time then to follow Pauly's example, as I did not log after joining up, and list all yours on your signature. Helps us all keep track of you!
    Will have to have a look at doing that. The collections going to remain stagnant for some time now though. I've had a couple of new rifles and pistols this year and the Mrs has been really cool with it fortunately but I feel another one in the too near future could be a different story. Having said that most of what I purchased this year has been funded by a couple of good bootfair sessions and lots of unused stuff sold on the bay that's not too be mentioned. Its amazing how much "junk" we, as people in general have stashed away that's worth selling. I sold a 15 year old Yamaha minidisc player that went for nearly £200!!!

30 rifles???? Blimey I don't know if i'd have room for that lot lol. Although saying that I popped into CH Weston to have a look at the 98 again this week and there was a rather beautiful used 1 year old immaculate AA S510 in Walnut. Somehow I ended up walking out with it. There is now a padlock on the wallet and looking for a therapist that can help reduce inner temptation when browsing these shops
    To resist is futile, young Grasshopper.

Enjoy your new toy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I suppose I should add my new catapults to mine

Pete
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

When I was a lad, I nicked it briefly for a sly shoot. He surprised me in the garden, I tossed it on the compost heap but wasn't quick enough. I deserved the slap round the face!
    A lovely recollection there Ted, I love hearing about little memories like that
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I have wondered at times if it's a bit naff listing my guns in my signature but it did all start from thinking my first gun really would be my only one and to be honest, my memory of what I do have often escapes me and this is the only place I have them listed that I can refer to.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The collections going to remain stagnant for some time now though.
    .... Yeah, right

If I owned more than one, I would list mine

Blimey, if I listed mine the forum would have to do another upgrade to create new band width!
    So we won't be doing that again.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I have wondered at times if it's a bit naff listing my guns in my signature but it did all start from thinking my first gun really would be my only one and to be honest, my memory of what I do have often escapes me and this is the only place I have them listed that I can refer to.
    Paul
    Got a list of mine with make, name, calibre and SNo alongside, its on the computer desk top so i can refer to it at any time, the most important part of the list in my opinion is the serial number.

Cheers

Mel

Chippendale (with clothes on)

I always feel a twinge of guilt when I buy another airgun for some reason when there's always technically more important things to buy for the house etc but I've come to the conclusion you only live once and don't know what's around the corner so to it. Enjoy life while you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I suppose I should add my new catapults to mine

Pete
    Sounds like a good plan, they are after all part of a shooting collection. I'm going to have a go at making a real nice wooden one at some point. I've got all the tools because of my job etc. Just need some more spare time now!!!