Page 131 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, matey.

But no plinky time, unfortunately.

It's my dad's birthday today (83) and, on top of the usual things one has to try and get done on a day off, we went shopping for a suitable prezzie for him and then went to deliver that and his cake and card.
    Ahhh, bless ya mate, I hope your Dad is doing well, I recall him being very unwell a good while back now. Hope I'm still here at 83. It's my Karen's ('missus') birthday today too but she is exactly 30 years younger than your Dad. Ooh, he was a 'war baby', was your Grandad a GI
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Ahhh, bless ya mate, I hope your Dad is doing well, I recall him being very unwell a good while back now. Hope I'm still here at 83. It's my Karen's ('missus') birthday today too but she is exactly 30 years younger than your Dad. Ooh, he was a 'war baby', was your Grandad a GI
    And Many Happy Returns to Young Karen.

My dad's doing okay-ish cheers, matey. Suffers from arthritis and his sciatica has been really bad recently. He is due an op, too, but they can't do it at the moment as his blood pressure's too low, so they have to sort that. But he still well and truly has all of his marbles.

He vividly remembers the war, matey. And the Germans shelling our hilltop village in the Appenines. He's told me some right stories in the past about when the US troops managed to take control and how some of the German soldiers received ass-kickings from some of the locals!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

And Many Happy Returns to Young Karen.

My dad's doing okay-ish cheers, matey. Suffers from arthritis and his sciatica has been really bad recently. He is due an op, too, but they can't do it at the moment as his blood pressure's too low, so they have to sort that. But he still well and truly has all of his marbles.

He vividly remembers the war, matey. And the Germans shelling our hilltop village in the Appenines. He's told me some right stories in the past about when the US troops managed to take control and how some of the German soldiers received ass-kickings from some of the locals!
    Of course, Doh ! He would have been born in 1934 not 44 so would have been been well aware of WWII as a grown child. I love hearing stories from our past generations. My Dad departed just over 3 years ago now aged 85 (miss him still everyday), I used to drain him of as much info as I could about the old days, he had a brilliant memory.

Sciatica is shit mate, I had it, the Op cured me but I was a spritely 51 year old at the time. I hope your Dad manages to get it sorted.

I'm pleased he didn't kick all the Germans asses into the ground as we wouldn't have our lovely HW's today
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    We are born in tears and die in pain, just do your best with the bit in between

Pete
    Well that's a cheerful outlook Pete! But as good a thought as any to reflect upon as a reason to acquire more shooters.

Of course, Doh ! He would have been born in 1934 not 44 so would have been been well aware of WWII as a grown child. I love hearing stories from our past generations. My Dad departed just over 3 years ago now aged 85 (miss him still everyday), I used to drain him of as much info as I could about the old days, he had a brilliant memory.

Sciatica is shit mate, I had it, the Op cured me but I was a spritely 51 year old at the time. I hope your Dad manages to get it sorted.

I'm pleased he didn't kick all the Germans asses into the ground as we wouldn't have our lovely HW's today
    RIP Little Pauly's Dad.

I bet he was a lovely chap, Pauly, and don't doubt how much you'll miss him every day. I feel so quilty not being able to see mum and dad as often as I'd like. But with money and time pressures and a hectic home life, it's so bloody hard to fit it all in. And then, one day, they'll be gone and it'll be too late and I'll feel guilty as hell. I need that lottery win NOW so I can have more time to do what I want to do and also spend some quality time with the folks.

I love to hear stories about the old days too, matey. We have so much to learn from them. But, just think, on a similar basis, when we're old and wrinkly, we'll also be able to tell some wonderful stories of our own. And some of my very best ones will be about a special place on the Warwickshire / Leicestershire border where I befriended many very special people. And all the good times we shared there.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Happy birthdays all round!!! My mum is 82 and she's had some stories to tell too. She lived next door "literally" to a pub called the Arlington and when she was little a bomb hit the pub and all the old lathe and plaster ceilings in her home came down. Shortly after she was evacuated the pub opposite the Arlington called the Alexander Arms was hit by a bomb and it killed several of her friends. Eastbourne was the point in England where the German bombers flew over and any cargo they hadn't dropped was then offloaded onto Eastbourne on their way back. Some interesting reading online and in books regarding Eastbourne and the war. My dad lived in Eastbourne all his life too but unfortunately passed away 14 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I suppose I should add my new catapults to mine

Pete
    Done it for you mate! Sorry, can't remember Meteor calibre.

BSA Meteor (boyhood treasure) / .177" TX200 Mk3 in CS700 stock / .177" HW98 / .177" Prosport / .22" BSA Superstar carbine in custom thumbhole stock.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Happy birthdays all round!!! My mum is 82 and she's had some stories to tell too. She lived next door "literally" to a pub called the Arlington and when she was little a bomb hit the pub and all the old lathe and plaster ceilings in her home came down. Shortly after she was evacuated the pub opposite the Arlington called the Alexander Arms was hit by a bomb and it killed several of her friends. Eastbourne was the point in England where the German bombers flew over and any cargo they hadn't dropped was then offloaded onto Eastbourne on their way back. Some interesting reading online and in books regarding Eastbourne and the war. My dad lived in Eastbourne all his life too but unfortunately passed away 14 years ago.
    Some lovely and sad recollections there, Mike.

My Dad departed just over 3 years ago now aged 85 (miss him still everyday), I used to drain him of as much info as I could about the old days, he had a brilliant memory.
    A huge loss Paul but sounds as though you were able to spend quite a lot of time with your Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    A huge loss Paul but sounds as though you were able to spend quite a lot of time with your Dad.
    He was and still is my Superhero

He was and still is my Superhero
    I know the feeling there mate

I feel so quilty not being able to see mum and dad as often as I'd like. But with money and time pressures and a hectic home life, it's so bloody hard to fit it all in. And then, one day, they'll be gone and it'll be too late and I'll feel guilty as hell.
    The stuff of life unfortunately Tony. Interesting your Dad's recollections of wartime Italy. Much enjoy chatting to older folk about their younger lives.

Ok, enough girly stuff (cos I'll just blubber like a girly). Back to airguns. My HW80 (did I mention it is in .25 ?) which I am loving, rattles when I shake it (easy lads), it is 'loose' where the cocking arm linkage meets just under the breech at the fore end, it's not causing an issue but just annoying as none of my HW's rattle ? Maybe shims missing as there are none there ??

OMG I've just realised it's Chris Baldinios Birthday today too

Happy Birthday mate, I hope you've had a great one. Tried ringing you but just get Voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    The stuff of life unfortunately Tony. Interesting your Dad's recollections of wartime Italy. Much enjoy chatting to older folk about their younger lives.
    Cheers, Ted.