Page 137 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Have any of you ever bothered/been inclined to stock take your pellet supplies?
    I had 1400 .25 superfields turn up in the post earlier, struggled to find space to put them in the pellet cupboard. This got me thinking hang on if that little pile is 1400 which is a drop in the ocean amongst the rest, how many have I got in here?
    A very quick quesstimate later........

Roughly 75,000 pellets?

WTF , when did that happen?

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I had 1400 .25 superfields turn up in the post earlier, struggled to find space to put them in the pellet cupboard. This got me thinking hang on if that little pile is 1400 which is a drop in the ocean amongst the rest, how many have I got in here?

Roughly 75,000 pellets?

I haven't got that many Jamie, maybe two shoe boxes full (70 or 80 tins) maybe plus two or three tins in each rifle bag so that's another dozen tins, oh yeah and half a dozen tins in my desk drawer at work, bloody hell, your right that's a lot more than I would have thought
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Roughly 75,000 pellets?

They certainly add up that's for sure. I'm going to have to have a gander over the weekend. I picked up another 1500 Diablos today in Brighton. The Diablos work an absolute treat in the 3 .22 rifles that I have and also the 3 .177 rifles like them too so i'm trying to gradually use up the ones I don't use often for plinking just to get rid of them. Will be interesting to see how many are in the drawer.

Just had a quick tot up of pellets out of interest. A "measley" 15000

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5

Roughly 75,000 pellets?

Sod the church roof, I will weigh in your pellet stash
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Sod the church roof, I will weigh in your pellet stash
    Definitely a good plan there Pete. My 15,000 pellets weigh around 12 kilos so Jamie's stash will be around 60kg!!! You could cast lots of catapult ammo from the unused ones!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Definitely a good plan there Pete. My 15,000 pellets weigh around 12 kilos so Jamie's stash will be around 60kg!!! You could cast lots of catapult ammo from the unused ones!
    Mels just remarked she's a tad worried about the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I didn't think that cult at work could get any lower Tone but, clearly he can

If it does snow matey, don't worry, that Supersport will get delivered by sleigh
    Yep, that low there's no room to slip a tab paper under his slimy scales, mate.

Still, every dog has his day!

The forecast around here looks a little more lenient than it did earlier, Pauly. Snow in the morning then clearing in the afternoon, so hopefully the wobbly Beeza will arrive.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Roughly 75,000 pellets?

I haven't got that many Jamie, maybe two shoe boxes full (70 or 80 tins) maybe plus two or three tins in each rifle bag so that's another dozen tins, oh yeah and half a dozen tins in my desk drawer at work, bloody hell, your right that's a lot more than I would have thought
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    They certainly add up that's for sure. I'm going to have to have a gander over the weekend. I picked up another 1500 Diablos today in Brighton. The Diablos work an absolute treat in the 3 .22 rifles that I have and also the 3 .177 rifles like them too so i'm trying to gradually use up the ones I don't use often for plinking just to get rid of them. Will be interesting to see how many are in the drawer.
    Eek! One hell of a lot of pellets there, peeps!

Nowhere near that amount here, Jamie....will have to have a check, though.

Excellent idea re plinking the not so good ones away, Mike.....finding the time is the big issue, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Eek! One hell of a lot of pellets there, peeps!

Nowhere near that amount here, Jamie....will have to have a check, though.

Excellent idea re plinking the not so good ones away, Mike.....finding the time is the big issue, though.
    I usually try and get half hour in during the evenings in the garden with the rifles or indoors with the pistols. Through my hallway into the dining room I can get just over eight metres so good fun with the hw40 and 75

Yep, much of my plinking is down the hallway too, Mike.

Must admit, once I've settled on a pellet for a certain gun, I always wanted to just stick with that pellet to keep the barrel conditioned. But many of mine seem very happy even after trying various pellets. My .177 HW95, for example, was fed a diet of 'Domes exclusively for years. Then, a couple of years ago, I managed some more extensive testing...AA Fields, Exacts in various (stated) sizes. It was accurate with all and, seemingly, very tolerant of switching pellets.

Then young Joffy gave me some boxed 7.9 Premiers that none of his guns liked. And these produced some stunning groups, which I didn't think would be bettered. Any many people warn that the Prems are "dirty" pellets and that you have to clean the barrel intensely for it to perform with other pellets after using the Prems.......Wrong in this case! I then tried FTTs in it. Absolutely superb, best ever. And the pellets I'll stick with in this gun.

And never cleaned a barrel yet!

Exactly mate!
    You ain't got a clue same as me
    I was hoping to lob a few of these big boys down range tomorrow but unfortunately it seems we are the only people in the country experiencing muggy damp weather
    So I might just try and plant a couple of the latest cider apple trees.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Wow! What a day? I'm gonna admit right now, I cried.

When I realised Beckie had used a scouring pad to clean my car on Wednesday!

Over an hour with much swearing and T-Cut sorted it though.

Still, everything else went without a hitch and the happy couple are now safely in Weston Super Mare ready for the very early flight to Barcelona in the morning.

I told Grant that you lot had wished him well and he was proper made up. Thanks from us all.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Exactly mate!
    You ain't got a clue same as me
    I was hoping to lob a few of these big boys down range tomorrow but unfortunately it seems we are the only people in the country experiencing muggy damp weather
    So I might just try and plant a couple of the latest cider apple trees.
    I need to buy a load more. I am getting through lots of pellets at the moment as I am thoroughly enjoying smacking my zero target about at 63 yards. Add to that the Hunting 5 can eat its way through 200 pellets without you even noticing that you are doing it and you soon work your way through some tins of pellets!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Wow! What a day? I'm gonna admit right now, I cried.

When I realised Beckie had used a scouring pad to clean my car on Wednesday!

Over an hour with much swearing and T-Cut sorted it though.

Still, everything else went without a hitch and the happy couple are now safely in Weston Super Mare ready for the very early flight to Barcelona in the morning.

I told Grant that you lot had wished him well and he was proper made up. Thanks from us all.
    I'm pleased it all went well for the newly weds mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22