Page 14 of 208 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

The girls are led here on the sofa in front of the wood burner on this very wet day.
    Ginny made a remarkable recovery from what really did look like the end, the vets have no idea what was wrong and no treatment was given!
    Long may this continue.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Actually investigating the pro's and con's and possible purchase of a PCP This weekend Tony !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    The girls are led here on the sofa in front of the wood burner on this very wet day.
    Ginny made a remarkable recovery from what really did look like the end, the vets have no idea what was wrong and no treatment was given!
    Long may this continue.
    Good news fella.

Bit hot here on the costa, might have to have a swim in a minute, ray winstone style on my inflatable arm chair. With a cold cerveza of course.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Actually investigating the pro's and con's and possible purchase of a PCP This weekend Tony !
    Can't wait for Tony to come along

You're in trouble now John
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Long may this continue.
    I'm very pleased to hear Ginny has recovered Jamie/Mel. They do like to give us a scare now and then don't they ! It's a sunny day down in this here London but I'd give it up for a rainy day where you are mate
    Last edited by NewPaul; 15-09-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Good news fella.

Bit hot here on the costa, might have to have a swim in a minute, ray winstone style on my inflatable arm chair. With a cold cerveza of course.

Dave
    You make sure you keep your cheesy balls covered in that heat Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Good news fella.

Dave
    Thank you!

And I hope you get a puncture.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I'm very pleased to hear Ginny has recovered Jamie/Mel. They do like to give us a scare now and then don't they ! It's a sunny day down in this here London but I'd give it up for a rainy day where you are mate
    Cheers Paul!
    It's honestly not very nice down here at present, all I can do is sit here in front of the log burner watching Hugh fearnley whittingstall DVD,s whilst supping scrumpy.
    Not quite the Costa del sol but good enough for a peasant like me.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    And I hope you get a puncture.

Is it that special time?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Cheers Paul!
    It's honestly not very nice down here at present, all I can do is sit here in front of the log burner watching Hugh fearnley whittingstall DVD,s whilst supping scrumpy.
    Not quite the Costa del sol but good enough for a peasant like me.
    We've had the wood burner running at Mrs Bums insistence. The door and windows are open to let some of the heat out, but at least I have some liquid refreshment to hand!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    Managed to get a shift swap, so payment on its way Mick.
    Jonny
    Good man.

Be great to see you again, Jonny.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Long may this continue.
    So glad to hear that all is well, Jamie.

And continued good health to all.

Them there doggies can really put you through it. Back in the Summer of 2014 when Brembo went drastically down hill (I think she had had a stroke, but it was never diagnosed), I really thought our days together were numbered. But she bounced back from that. Well, not quite bounce, but a slow walk in a fragile sort of fashion. These days she just has a very slow and short amble. I have to be really careful when walking her so she doesn't stumble. But she's eating, seems happy enough and wags her tail when she has cuddles, so the old lass is keeping me company for now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Can't wait for Tony to come along

You're in trouble now John

Oh dear.

Very disturbing.

Although I actually have my own PCP dilemma / tussle going on here.

No, no, no. I ain't considering buying one. I can actually appreciate their merits, but I simply do not have the use nor the desire for one.

However, like you, John, one of my customers does a lot of deer stalking in Scotland. He and his wife are considering moving up there and he doesn't want his air rifle to take up any ticket space. It's a S410. He wants to GIVE me it when he leaves, knowing that it'd go to a good home. Rifle, scope, bottle, charging gear etc. It would somehow be rude to turn it down, but I really have no desire to own one. And I wouldn't want to sell it if it's been given to me in good faith.

What to do?

Y'see, my not wanting one isn't a "blind hate" thing. But to start to have to consider things like bottle refills, safe transportation of said bottle and testing of the bottle at the required intervals really isn't something that I really want to get into.

I did speak to a couple of peeps at the September Bash about it. And one chap did say that I have too much of a conscience and to accept it and flog it. But I really don't know how to handle this once the situatiion arises. Many people, I know, would be well excited about getting a decent quality PCP combo for 'nowt, so I feel a right muppet even considering turning it down, like a spoiled brat.

If only he had a Boinger instead!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Is this all a story from our Tone? Is he really trying to cover up the purchase of a PCP and his descent into darkness?

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh dear.

Very disturbing.

Although I actually have my own PCP dilemma / tussle going on here.

No, no, no. I ain't considering buying one. I can actually appreciate their merits, but I simply do not have the use nor the desire for one.

However, like you, John, one of my customers does a lot of deer stalking in Scotland. He and his wife are considering moving up there and he doesn't want his air rifle to take up any ticket space. It's a S410. He wants to GIVE me it when he leaves, knowing that it'd go to a good home. Rifle, scope, bottle, charging gear etc. It would somehow be rude to turn it down, but I really have no desire to own one. And I wouldn't want to sell it if it's been given to me in good faith.

What to do?

Y'see, my not wanting one isn't a "blind hate" thing. But to start to have to consider things like bottle refills, safe transportation of said bottle and testing of the bottle at the required intervals really isn't something that I really want to get into.

I did speak to a couple of peeps at the September Bash about it. And one chap did say that I have too much of a conscience and to accept it and flog it. But I really don't know how to handle this once the situatiion arises. Many people, I know, would be well excited about getting a decent quality PCP combo for 'nowt, so I feel a right muppet even considering turning it down, like a spoiled brat.

If only he had a Boinger instead!
    Mate.
    The negatives.
    Bottle refills are about £3.
    Safe transportation involves taping two bits of timber to the sides to stop it rocking about in your car boot - or fill it up beforehand and have around 60 hassle free shots.
    Tests are once in a blue moon.

On the other hand.
    You've got near silent, multishot capabiltity that's a doddle to use for you or the little'uns and something else to add to your enjoyment of the sport.
    As you're a springer shooter, enjoy watching your pellets in the air going toward putting in tiny groups.
    Oh, and to buy it would knock a hole in about seven hundred quid.
    Be happy.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Early morning weekend boing

Have a boingtastic weekend everyone

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/